CAO LX2

jaycarla

Resident Oliva Whore
These were just release at the Vegas Show, got my hands at one tonight at Arlington Cigar, great place by the way.

Got the Robusto 5x48. It is a Double Ligero, using Nic and Dom Ligero filler. Nic wrapper and a Honduran binder.

Excuse the pic, but on the road only armed with my BB.

IMG00169.jpg

First off I would categorize myself as 50/50 on CAO. Like the MX2, Maduro, and the Brazilia. Have had all current product of the other CAO's and was not much of a fan.

Started off pretty much so-so. From the middle on though, it was pretty good. I am assuming since these were just released it was pretty green so maybe a few weeks in the humi might help.

Nice strong smoke with a good amount of flavor. For those flavor picker-outer types, this one seemed mainly overpowered by tobacco with some hits of spice in the middle and end. This does seem like a smoke that is strong for the sake of being strong though.

The burn was great and even all through. No touch ups needed.

The way I look at a cigar is, would I buy a box of them. This one I wouldn't, but I have only had the one. Will try a couple more maybe and let them sit a few weeks in the happy place.

Worth trying for sure though even if you are not into the CAO line.

Oh yeah, price. I paid $8 for it in a B&M, overpriced smoke catergory has another member. WAY overpriced based on this one smoke. Still worth a shot, but at that price hit a single from a B&M and go from there.

I had a friend go to Vegas for the show and asked if he could bring me back one and he did. Still sitting in my humidor and from the sounds of it its a good idea that I haven't smoked it yet. Let me tell you it is hard looking at it everyday and not have smoked it yet.

The owner of my B&M came back from the show with a few of these. I saw it and immediately thought, "Another 2 dollar CAO with 6 dollars of marketing." This was confirmed by the 3 people in the store and now your review agrees.
I am sure I will try one when I can though and end up regretting it.
Nice review though. :ss

Interesting, thanks for the review. I haven't kept up on cigars lately and wasn't aware of this one, have to look into it now!

Back