CAO Moontrance

Ninja Vanish

Evolving Lead Gorilla
For you hardcore smokers out there who know about Flavours by CAO: Ok ok ok, I know what you might be thinking because honestly I was thinking it too when I got recommended one of these. I was strictly a non-flavored cigar smoker and thought that any flavor was just an attempt to mask the poor quality of the smoke lying beneath. For those of you who don't know about Flavours by CAO: This is a line of flavored cigars that has been produced by CAO for your enjoyment. Don't let your premonitions about flavored cigars bias your decision to overlook these little gems. The first one I had got me hooked. Since then I discovered that CAO had 5 flavors total: Moontrance, Eileen's Dream, Gold Honey, Bella Vanilla, and Earth Nectar. They have since come out with a couple of new flavors but non of them stack up to the Moontrance.

The Moontrance is a mix of Exotic Fruit and Bourbon Vanilla flavoring. These two flavors come together with the high quality long-filler tobacco in a harmony that can only be described as heavenly (hence the name most likely). Such a smooth smoke, I would recommend this to ANY smoker regardless of their apprehensions about flavored smokes. If you think you would like to try one of these, I would recommend a tin of the miniatures. There are 10 smokes in this tin and they seem to have a bit more flavoring than the larger sizes which are available in Petit Corona and Corona if I'm not mistaken. Give them a try. You will be impressed I'm almost certain.

Good review.

My father smokes cigarettes. I try to send him smokes, but he's a Backwoods kind of guy. I'm not sure that he appreciates the stuff I send as much as I hope he does. I have a feeling he would like these. I'm going to buy these and send them to him to try. I bet will like them.

Thanks.

Ninja Vanish said:
For you hardcore smokers out there who know about Flavours by CAO: Ok ok ok, I know what you might be thinking because honestly I was thinking it too when I got recommended one of these. I was strictly a non-flavored cigar smoker and thought that any flavor was just an attempt to mask the poor quality of the smoke lying beneath. For those of you who don't know about Flavours by CAO: This is a line of flavored cigars that has been produced by CAO for your enjoyment. Don't let your premonitions about flavored cigars bias your decision to overlook these little gems. The first one I had got me hooked. Since then I discovered that CAO had 5 flavors total: Moontrance, Eileen's Dream, Gold Honey, Bella Vanilla, and Earth Nectar. They have since come out with a couple of new flavors but non of them stack up to the Moontrance.

The Moontrance is a mix of Exotic Fruit and Bourbon Vanilla flavoring. These two flavors come together with the high quality long-filler tobacco in a harmony that can only be described as heavenly (hence the name most likely). Such a smooth smoke, I would recommend this to ANY smoker regardless of their apprehensions about flavored smokes. If you think you would like to try one of these, I would recommend a tin of the miniatures. There are 10 smokes in this tin and they seem to have a bit more flavoring than the larger sizes which are available in Petit Corona and Corona if I'm not mistaken. Give them a try. You will be impressed I'm almost certain.

I can’t believe I’m saying this … but I agree. Never had a flavored cigar that was anything close to enjoyable. Bought an acid sampler a while back and found them all to be overpowering. Smoked the corona today. It was nice. Difficult to tell it was flavored at first. The flavoring is very subtle and IMHO added to the enjoyment of smoking this cigar. Had to think about the flavors to pick out the flavoring and it was nuanced and seem to “fit” with the cigar. Not sure I’d buy them but smoked it to the nub.

If you want to try a good subtly flavored cigar this would be a good choice.

Nice review, and to be honest I keep a few of these in a small humidor hidden away out of sight. My wife likes and its nice to have her sit and smoke with me sometimes

Back