CAO Mx2 Robusto

Grumpy Dano

Lost In The Jungle
I grabbed this stick a week ago at a local B&M. I really liked the dark look to it and decided to try it today.

I don't have any pics but I lit it up and noticed some very spicy flavors at first. It never tasted bad in any way but what happened right after the first third, it split open, and the split was about 1 inch long, running parallel end to end. Looking at the split, it was almost like a perfect cut through the two outside wrappers. It never opened up more than a 1/16th of an inch.

Never really had one split before like that.

Not really sure what to do at that point, I tried keeping a finger over the split area and it went on and burned thru the split evenlly and finished out to be very enjoyable with a smooth but spicy ending.

In fact I nubbed it to the point where itr burned my fingers more thasn once but the nub was very delightful and tasty.

Strange though, the splitting. My humi is holding good at 65 to 70 and this may have just been an imperfection but all in all it was a good smoke.

The only real noticeable thing about this stick was the irregular looking ash to it. It wasnt the tight grey looking I am use to.

I was wondering if others have seen many split so evenly like it was cut or something? I know I didn't cut it with anything.

Anyways the Mx2 was really not that bad at all...

Sorry for the no pics as I wish I had one to show the split.

-Dan

Nice review. Thanks. I wonder if someone opened the shrink wrap on the box using a razor? That could account for a slice in the cigar if it was the end one near the cut. I just picked up a fiver of these. I liked the one I had about a year ago thought I would revisit them.

You're speaking to my heart now. I love the MX2, have smoked several boxes in the last few years. Never had the split you speak of. What a great stick.

Thanks for the review I've had some Mx2 that have been exceptional but never a split one and I smoke them rather dry 60%

Thanks for the review. A few months ago I picked up 10 at auction and I've been letting them have a little beauty sleep before I set them on fire. Looking forward to it.

Could be the razor issue like said before....I've encountered similar problems with burning when the wrapper had a thick or prominent(sp?) vein running up from the foot. People like to squeeze the foot sometimes to check for soft spots or whatever and that can cause problems. I like the Mx2 the most from CAO, but in general I've had a lot of draw issues to the point where I've just stopped buying them.

I have blown through a couple of boxes of Mx2's and love them! I find myself only smoking them in the morning with coffee. Not sure why, but it just feels like the right thing to do. :tu

Back