Cao Mx2

rkt

SilverBack
I had my first CAO MX2. It had a dark maduro colored wrapper, fairly smooth, good sheen. It was 6.5X54 approx. torpedo.

It clipped clean, pre-light draw was good. It took a little extra torching to get it lighted. The draw was good and nice smooth flavor. It had a good volume of smoke.

The taste was smooth, a little spice. As the burn progressed it seemed to get milder or my taste buds got used to it. Not that it was a bad smoke at all, it was a very good one.

When it got to about 1/3 left it went out suddenly between puffs. I quickly relit it before it got cold. I smoked it down to where I removed the first band and approaching the second and my wife arrive at the bar and was ready for dinner. So it became a dead soldier with about an inch and quarter left.

I paid about $5 or $6 for the single. It was good. Solid B smoke.
I reserve an A grade for knock your socks off smokes.

I have two MX2 Torps resting in my humi. Hope to smoke one in a few weeks. I was hoping it would be an "A" smoke. I'll let you know when I kill it. Thanks for the review.

Kevin

I've smoke two of the robustos. IMHO they are alright smokes, more hype than anything. Like rkt said, B smokes.

Thanks for the review! I have one of each size in the "refrigador" and now I don't think I'll be in any hurry to smoke them.

Had the torp about 2 months ago when I first got them....had the Robusto last night (purchased at the same time)...man, it has improved. Still not the greatest thing out there, but this could turn into something very nice with age. Probably one of the oiliest wrappers I have seen in a while. Give it another shot, could turn into a real treat.

Back