CAO Sopranos Associate

White97Jimmy

Expresso - Frickin' 81
Well, ebn2002 and I sat down for a smoke yesterday and watched the first half of the Tigers/A's game. Our stick for the event was the CAO Sopranos, which I picked up at a CAO event a few weeks ago.

I don't want to speak for Eric, but from what we talked about, this is what we thought of the smoke.

Nice draw, pretty much the same experience I've had with all CAO's. Construction was high quality, once again, like most CAO's.

Taste- Well, I'm not sure what tastes to actually describe. This wasn't a taste like any other smoke I've had. This stick was very flavorful, but without power. Nothing that would make you have to set it down for a few minutes and take a rest. It was a little leathery, but once again, I'm not sure quite how to explain the taste.

Burn was pretty even the whole stick. We both made a few tiny touch ups, no big deal.

We both thought this was an excellent cigar, and would smoke it again, but a bit on the expensive side. This would be an excellent smoke if it were a few dollar cheaper.

Yes, this was a very typical CAO cigar. Great construction, good flavor, and overpriced. Some coffee notes and a cedar finish, but one dimensional.

Been wanting to try them since I heard about them, but a little too expensive for me a guy under 25 with a new house....

Nick

Newb smoker here, I am currently enjoying one of these puppies right now. This is my first CAO cigar. (A lot of different cigars are about to be my first.. I can't wait lol) It was pretty expensive at $12 but I think once my humidor gets here and it is all primed up I'm gonna get a couple more to save for special occasions.

I like them ok, but agree they are a bit overpriced. I do think these have potential to become excellent cigars with some time in the humi.

I have one resting....need to try it..cuz I like the taste of leathery, cedar, coffee......did that come out right?

Good review!

I have one resting....need to try it..cuz I like the taste of leathery, cedar, coffee......did that come out right?

Good review!

I have found that my Sopranos associates have become better with age...I really like the whole expierence...A little bit of marketing hype and a whole lot of cigar....

Back