Casa Blanca Reserve Cameroon #2

Moglman

Mountain Hound
OK. So a few weeks back, the dog woke me up in the middle of the night 'cause he had to go outside. I have learned the hard way that if he really needs to go out, I save a lot of trouble by getting out of bed and letting him out. It was Fri night and I had a 6 am tee time, so I looked at my watch and it said 1:05 am. I decided to check out JRs 1 am Madness, and ended up buying 10 of these sticks for $15.

I've been letting them rest for two weeks and last night thought I'd see if it was a $1.50 well spent. I say that facetiously, but I have tried the Casa Blanca Corona (nat) and was not impressed, so I did not expect too much, even from the reserve cameroon. The pre-light aroma and taste were fair, nothing too exciting though certainly didn't put me off, and it sure looks good. The stick I pulled out had no obvious construction flaws, silky cameroon wrapper, somewhat veiny, nice cap. The first 1/4" was pretty much tasteless, but then very quickly developed a mild, earthy, woody taste. I very much enjoyed the rest of the cigar. It never got very complex or presented me with a surprise, but I enjoyed nearly every puff. I did have a few unwanted grassy tokes, but it didn't repeat often. The burn was even, fairly fast, an easy but not loose draw, and didn't get harsh or bitter.

I will give these some more humidor time, and while I don't expect them to ever become a contender, I expect I'll enjoy the rest very much 6 months or a year down the line. I recommend if the price is right.

Back