Casa Fuente Robusto

thebiglebowski

Lowland Gorilla
Been awhile since I posted a review, so bear with me...

I was just in Las Vegas and, of course, when in Rome (Caesar's) one must visit Casa Fuente. Some items to note about the establishment:

- Need to walk a mile thru all the forum shops to get there
- Impressive, if small, venue
- Impressive, if gorgeous, employees.... :tu
- And boy are they proud of their prices! Really, to the point of ridiculousness - I didn't commit all to memory, but one of the opus-forbidden-gosh-we're-so-great sticks for 95 bucks? I know this is vegas, but c'mon...

anyway.

I was planning on playing some blackjack for a few hours while my wife was at the spa and wanted to smoke a fuente instead of one of my stash I brought with me. I figured i'd pick up an anejo, as IMO that stick is the only fuente worth the price point. Then I noticed the Casa Fuente cigars in corona and robusto size. I picked up a robusto for ONLY $21 and went in search of a table to play...

Sat down at a table and asked the few people there if they minded me smoking a cigar. They were agreeable. Lit the fuente and ugh! The first ten minutes or so were harsh! Seriously sour. I'll be honest, i kind've wanted to NOT like this cigar. The whole fuente "thing" kind've rubs me the wrong way...

Back to the robusto. After that initial harshness, it really opened up and the best way to describe this smoke the rest of the way, is smooth. silky smooth. Very creamy, earthy, woody flavors. I have to say I really enjoyed this cigar. It was good, complex, the flavors changing just enough to keep you on your toes. I nubbed it within a millimeter of it's life - took over 90 minutes to do so! And it must've been my lucky cigar, cuz after a day and half of losing at the tables, I got most of it back! :)

While I couldn't afford to smoke this every day and there are a lot of CCs out there that are better and less expensive, I definately recommend this guy. If in Vegas and you haven't won a couple of grand yet and can't pull the trigger on a 60 dollar GOF, try one of these! Hell, after winning that afternoon, I hiked back and bought two more for the road...

I have one of these in the humi that my assistant brought back to me while he was on vacation. I think i'll let it sit for a while, though. If I can make myself....:ss. Thanks for the review.

I have one of these in the humi that my assistant brought back to me while he was on vacation. I think i'll let it sit for a while, though. If I can make myself....:ss. Thanks for the review.

:tpd: A very generous BOTL brought me back a couple and I think I'm gonna do the same thing, although he claims they're smoking good now. I think at least 6 months before burning the first one...

Great review! I love the casa fuente's, but I rarely get to win at the tables. I think I might have to bring a fuente with me next time.
Scott

We were just there last weekend too, loved the place, the cigars, and OMG the ladies. I spent about 20 minutes in the humi with one talking about the different types and asked her about the high priced Opus X's ... she said they were extra extra aged. Bought some Casa Fuentes, Opus X's (regular not the aged ones), and a handful of God of Fire's. Then joined my friends at the bar for Mojito's and a Fuente Short Story. Great place but definetly not a place you go to save money. What a great town, restaurants, women, etc.! Can't wait to go back.

nice review.....I enjoyed it and congrats on winning your stash back.
i got a bunch of the casa fuente sticks when they first came out. it is a pleasurable smoke. the cameroon wrapper adds a nice touch to the progressive flavors. not sure if these are still the Opus X blend but nevertheless, age does take the bitter harshness off the beginning. i lit up my last from 3 years ago and it satisfied. too bad they're highly priced.

We were just there last weekend too, loved the place, the cigars, and OMG the ladies. I spent about 20 minutes in the humi with one talking about the different types and asked her about the high priced Opus X's ... she said they were extra extra aged. Bought some Casa Fuentes, Opus X's (regular not the aged ones), and a handful of God of Fire's. Then joined my friends at the bar for Mojito's and a Fuente Short Story. Great place but definetly not a place you go to save money. What a great town, restaurants, women, etc.! Can't wait to go back.

Balony on her. Casa Fuente hasn't been open long enough to 'extra extra age' anything

Balony on her. Casa Fuente hasn't been open long enough to 'extra extra age' anything

Do you think they have Original Release Opus? I'd love to have some of the Opus that I smoked years ago. I can still remember pulling them out of their
slide top box.

good cigar at the shop, fantastic after they lie around for a year or so which is sad considering thier 20+ out of the box they should be ready.

Was sitting there last week myself too, had an Ashton VSG for old times sake (good smoke) and the Mrs. had a few drinks, they were pricey but she said the best drinks in Vegas, the booze and I parted ways several years ago so that gorgeous barmaid kept me floating with Coke throughout my 2 cigar stay.

I will gladly return just to support a truly great place to relaxnsmoke. An oasis of relaxation in a crazy ass town....I mean that in the best sense.

I was too dumb to figure out they had a store brand, opus x is for other folks, never have liked them.

Do you think they have Original Release Opus? I'd love to have some of the Opus that I smoked years ago. I can still remember pulling them out of their
slide top box.

I suppose the store could have obtained OR Opus directly from Fuente. If I saw the box, I'd believe.

She didn't say they were aged there ... my impression was that they were aged before they were brought in.

I suppose Fuente could supply them with aged Opus out of thier humidor. I'm just highly skeptical of claims of this nature.

I don't really see any reason to be skeptical, the place bears the name Fuente, if they were involved in a scam at one of thee most expensive places to buy cigars it would be detrimental.

But I'm still not going to be purchasing any "extra aged" opus. I'll be there in 2 weeks, will probably keep it to the house label, or other gems within the realm of inflated affordability.

Last edited:
Back