Casa Fuente

NCRadioMan

More cigars Sanchez!
My parents just got back from Vegas and they visited a new shop in the Forum Shops at Caesars and brought me back a couple Casa Fuente's! Evidently, from my research, these just arrived at the store! The grand opening is tomorrow. These are only available at that store! Here is what I found at the cigar divan forum. A gorilla that goes by OpusXzgars said this:

"Most of you might know that Carlito is opening up a store at the Forum Shops @ Caesar's. He and Robert Levin (Holt's Cigars) are joint partners in this new venture.

I've seen the artists' drawings and I must say, this will be a place of beauty. The store will feature a bar on one side and double walk-in humidor along with retail space of humidors, cigar accessories, lighters and clothing apparel. The main section of the walk-n humidor will have Fuente, Newman and Ashton products. In the corner of the main humidor, will be another door leading into a smaller room that will have the high premium cigars, such as the NEW Casa Fuente line.

The Casa Fuente line will be sold exclusively at the store ONLY. No phone or online orders will be accepted. You must physically be in the store to purchase this new cigar. I've seen the bands for this cigar and it's a work of art. It was designed by the same person who did the OpusX and DC Maximus band, so you can imagine it's detail. There is an OpusX FF logo on one side and the AF family shield on the other. The name Casa Fuente is shadowed. These bands are made at the same facility as the OpusX and DC Maximus bands in Europe."

Wish I had a camera. They look so good I don't want to smoke them, but I will, in due time. :w They are packaged in a cello like the opus with gold lettering "casa fuente" and the band is cool. 3 for $49 ouch!

Another reason to go to Vegas I reckon! :al

:ms NCRM

Was in Vegas last week and stopped in the shop but didn't have time to really look thru the humidor. Hadn't heard about the Casa Fuentes however. Wish I had stayed a little longer and found them.

Life is so unfair....

Going om June 5th the Robustos are $525.00 a box including tax. I guess I will be getting one. Hey could be well sought after cigar. You cant get them anywhere else except there.

Also will check out there Anejo stock.

buy a box....put half of them up for sale on yahoo as five packs...and you could very well get half the box for free! :w

Well I only got a 5 hour drive to Vegas, maybe I should get some people to pitch in for a split. $15 a stick is pretty much out of my range, especially for NC's. How long do you think you can hold out before lighting one up? Looking forward to hearing a review on it NCRadioMan.

These cigars originally started out as Opus X's with Cameroon wrappers... but the blend was tweaked a bit. They are very nice cigars... but yes, they are priced high (low for Vegas Strip prices though) at $18-$25 per cigar, depending on vitola.

Box pictures: picture 1 -- picture 2

casa_fuente_robusto_hires.jpg

moki said:
These cigars originally started out as Opus X's with Cameroon wrappers... but the blend was tweaked a bit. They are very nice cigars... but yes, they are priced high (low for Vegas Strip prices though) at $18-$25 per cigar, depending on vitola.

Box pictures: picture 1 -- picture 2

casa_fuente_robusto_hires.jpg
Way to go Moki.

And here I was about to take a road trip to Vegas to check them out!! (LOL)

Anybody have alist of sizes and shapes? Looks like I need to add them to the database at Top25Cigar.

pds said:
Anybody have alist of sizes and shapes? Looks like I need to add them to the database at Top25Cigar.

Churchill $25.00

Corona Gorda $18.00

Belicoso Fino $23.00

Robusto $21.00

(there is supposed to be a Torpedo coming at some point too, but it's not out yet... so would be best not to list it I think)

SlimDiesel said:
How long do you think you can hold out before lighting one up? Looking forward to hearing a review on it NCRadioMan.

Well, my b-day is coming up in a few weeks, so that may be the day! :w

Thanks for the review Moki and all the great info, looking forward to it even more now! :w

Here's a question. I've never han an opusX, but I have had one in the humi for several weeks. Which should I smoke first?

Back