CBid Feature - Puros Indios Magnum Maduro

dunng

Elder Jungle Leader
CigarBid.com Feature - Puros Indios Magnum Maduro

Just posted:
115 mazos of Puros Indios Magnum Maduro. A meaty and robust 6" x 62 vitola from the legendary Rolando Reyes, Sr that's teeming with flavor. 20 cigars per mazo.

The nutty starting bid of $34.99 saves you 71% off normal retails!

Live now until Monday.

View it here: http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=389966

Enjoy!

i've had them before and they aren't too bad for 2bux a stick...

I pulled the trigger on the bundle...

it's one fat cigar... at 62RG, it's among the fattest sticks i've had... can't fit 'em in my 3 stick pocket case so they are gonna have mainly be "at home" sticks.

As Maduros go, they are on the lightside shade-wise. wrapper, on the one I just had, looks nice, smooth with a slight oily looking sheen... draw is pretty easy and consistent. ash cylinder a little uneven without touch ups... it smokes a lot... cool at the begining (lots of leaf to filter thru at the start) but warms up pretty quick. the taste is fairly mild for a "medium bodied" smoke... "nutty?" kinda... you can taste the nuttiness if you can smoke it slow enough... burns pretty fast for how big the thing is... there are hints of coffee... but if you smoke it down as fast as it wants to smoke it can get pretty harsh. the middle of the stick was the best part of it... not really a stick I could smoke to a nub... it gets pretty yuck near the end... I think I'll stop at the band next time... good for about an hour if you pace yourself.

I cut one open... fairly well made... the binder has light spots on it... not sure what that is.:confused: there is a lot of cut/chopped/shredded/short filler mixed in with a healthy amount of long leaf... I guess at this price point, you can't expect all long leaf in such a fat cigar... it would explain the easy draw. they pack the ends with full leaf... so it looks like a pricey all long leaf cigar... but the construction shows itself after the first inch or so, it doesn't hold ash as well as it initially does.

I enjoyed it... but then again, I'm not the most discriminating. If you like fat sticks and you aren't too worried about the Freudian implications, it's definitely worth $2... but $70 for a bundle? no. I'd say if you can get a 5pack for well under $5 a stick it's worth a try.

Very good to know... are the Puros Indios Maxima any better? Thanks!

I very much like the Maxima Reservas!

I've wondered about these ones posted here with the ugly bands, they scare me and these reviews have bolstered that fear, thanks

Back