CBid - Padilla Edicion Especial 'Obsidian'

dunng

Elder Jungle Leader
Hey VolFan....

Padilla Edicion Especial 'Obsidian'

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=389960

Behold the Edicion Especial ‘Obsidian’, a dark and alluring new blend from Ernesto Padilla, the man behind the 92-rated Miami 8/11 and stunning Special Edition Cedro. Featuring a robust blend of supremely aged tobaccos and a wrapper so oily you just might foam at the mouth, it appears as though Ernesto has set the stage for his greatest creation to date, the 6" x 54 Obsidian.

From first glance, this hefty cigar looks like a monster. It sports a naturally fermented Nicaraguan ligero wrapper that’s as dark as night, hugging a complex blend of hearty long-leaf tobaccos. These tobaccos, Honduran-grown Corojo leaves from the Jalapa Valley and Esteli-grown, Nicaraguan leaves. Ample time was given for these choice tobaccos to marry and present a medium to full-bodied smoke that’s deep in intoxicating flavors. Rich, earthy notes mingle with a relaxing hint of coffee grinds, finished off by a peppery aftertaste. Despite building in intensity, the Obsidian smokes silky-smooth right down to the nub. A delicious finger-burner made to be savored after a generous steak dinner.

Produced in extremely limited quantities, only 50,000 cigars exist. If the popularity of Ernesto’s Miami and Cedro blends hasn’t taught you something, I advise you get yours before this beauty is gone for good.

Bid early to save 78% on these factory sealed pre-packs of 18 cigars!

MSRP: $180

Category: SPECIALS
Cigar Size: 6.0" x 54 ring

I have 20 put away. They are good, but I find they can use some age.

Hey Kid, I agree with you regarding the age factor. Smoked one Saturday and it was way to fresh but holds a great deal of promise. BTW, won 12 of these beauties for $31 on cbid.

Agree as the one's I have salted away seem to be improving. But the best of my acquisitions from Cbid for aging have been the Nestor Reserves, very flavorable and tasty with a bit of time on them.

Right now there are two auctions going on over at C-Bid; 1 for 125 lots of 18 starting at 39.99 and another for 12 under the regular auction for quickies. In both places the bidding is getting out of hand and w/o reason. I dove in for the quickies thinking that most would go for the 125 lots for 18; not so. I have been bumped out of the quickies lots and the bidding is up to 28 bucks for 12 and the 125 lots (under specials) is over 42 bucks now. The bidding will continue to rise. There is (IMO) stupidity rampant in either situation, and the situation requires patience. It is mind boggling to see this happen, and at times I think a virus of sorts has been loosed upon the c-bid auction arena.

I got a five pack (The Padilla's) of these coming... won them last week.

It seems like todays auctions are getting out of hand

I got a five pack (The Padilla's) of these coming... won them last week.

It seems like todays auctions are getting out of hand

Oh yeah. If yer curious, go on over there and see what these dumb bastids are doing. It seems to me they are turning what could be a relatively civilized auction (with plenty for everyone) into a bloodbath. Pfft! More power to em.

Right now there are two auctions going on over at C-Bid; 1 for 125 lots of 18 starting at 39.99 and another for 12 under the regular auction for quickies. In both places the bidding is getting out of hand and w/o reason. I dove in for the quickies thinking that most would go for the 125 lots for 18; not so. I have been bumped out of the quickies lots and the bidding is up to 28 bucks for 12 and the 125 lots (under specials) is over 42 bucks now. The bidding will continue to rise. There is (IMO) stupidity rampant in either situation, and the situation requires patience. It is mind boggling to see this happen, and at times I think a virus of sorts has been loosed upon the c-bid auction arena.

No, there is good reason these are going up in price. 125 of these available. Padilla is an extremely HOT brand right now. 122 people from club stogie have seen this thread alone. Many of whom probably placed their own bids. These are only going to go up in price.

I am not sure about the obsidian but I can attest to the taste and quality of the Miami and Habano lines from Padilla. I will try these soon.

Scottie

No, there is good reason these are going up in price. 125 of these available. Padilla is an extremely HOT brand right now. 122 people from club stogie have seen this thread alone. Many of whom probably placed their own bids. These are only going to go up in price.

On the one hand it begs the question: Which brand of Padilla is hot. OTOH, how much will one pay to get their hands on some? Do you bid to a point where you may as well go to a B&M and buy a box at retail? Or, do you bid to get what you want at well under retail and, come away from the experience feeling like you got a good deal?
What I'm saying (or complaining about) :) is the seeming desperation going on. I am hopeful that the 122 people from CS are not a part of the rabble over there right now. Based upon many posts here over the past year, cooler heads exist in this place. Patience based upon research and good sense is all that I have read about in here.

I posted the link, but I did not bid... I have yet to try any Padilla's so until I do, no boxes for me...

You can get 5 of these and 5 El Rico Habano Club Maduro for $40 (friday night fights section at CI) and that is still 10 smokes at $4 each. I may go that route as I am not much into the bidding wars.

Scottie

I've smoked 4 out of the 12 I have. I really wasn't too impressed with them. I thought they lacked flavor.

I have one 8/11 in the humi from the cigarking sampler. I hope I get more out of that one.

Perhaps tese will become future bomb fodder or come up in a trade. Who knows.

D

Back