Cbid's design is outdated

Drew

Gorilla
Anyone else feel like this? Seems like Cbid lacks simple features and has gaps that make it appear a pre year 2000 website. :confused:

They're too busy packing up all the crap that we don't really intend to buy but we bid on anyway LOL.

I haven't seen you post in a while, welcome back!

They're too busy packing up all the crap that we don't really intend to buy but we bid on anyway LOL.

Am I the only one who's a little disappointed when I log on and find that I actually won the crap that I bid on? The problem is, I only expect to win about 50% of the bids, and I bid on several to save on shipping. Then if they all pull through, I'm screwed. Now I see why they call it the devil site.

It can use a facelift but not a major redesign . I don't think Flash or busy websites do well. I find that the longer it takes a page to load the more likely the person will leave.

I wonder if their auction system is copyrighted? Most likely is

the most annoying part is how hard it is to see what bids your winning and have won, also it's like impossible to know from your bids where the auction price is. it's pretty annoying.

I think it is pretty simple & works. When you login to your account, you can see the various wins, losses, & lots being watched. Like Hornitos said, any longer to load and I probably wouldn't buy as much.

Wait... perhaps that is a good thing???

It's an easy site to use I think, unless you want to check the status of your current bids, bids won, etc. That could use a redesign, something like ebay would be much better.

jkim-if you hit the login at the top, you get the option to see the open bids (whether you're winning or losing), bids won, bids lost & your watch list-i agree about it being hard to figure where the auction $ is w/o clicking on the bid, definately annoying-for the $ i save though.....guess i'll deal w/it

They are busy counting all the cash they are making from sales.

No time between the counting to upgrade.

what i was talking about was that you have to go to that stupid login in thing where you have to select if you want to see what auctions your winning or have won, etc. I would rather just have like a my auctions page that lists all my open auctions, the ones i'm watching, and closed auctions with whether i won or lost. the way they do adds an extra unnecessary step.

what i was talking about was that you have to go to that stupid login in thing where you have to select if you want to see what auctions your winning or have won, etc. I would rather just have like a my auctions page that lists all my open auctions, the ones i'm watching, and closed auctions with whether i won or lost. the way they do adds an extra unnecessary step.

I agree. It needs a functionality upgrade, but as for its' look, I could care less as long as it works.

This is one of the main things I'm talking about. :tu

I've been busy, busy the last few weeks. Lots of school stuff comes on this time of the semester at the same time trying to raise above my usual grades. Also, baseball season is in full swing and I just haven't had the time to hang out on here or hardly even smoke some cigars.

Good news is, while I've been gone, I was home for spring break and my dad broke the ice about the cigars after seeing many charges on my online bank statement. Had my first smoke with him over break, twice.:ss

Has anyone noticed that with larger lots and higher priced items there seems to be one or two guys who always bids the items up? For instance, the same guy won the bid on cigar tower cabinets the last 4 times. (only one particular unit) It just seems odd that one person would need 4; 3000 count cabinets. Seems like he would just get a custom made unit.
The other guy with the lots, bids on the entire lot. Fine. But he takes the price from $9.00 to $21.00, and has done this on multiple occassions.

Are these guys "working" for c-bid, greedy or stupid? If they were wholesalers, they could get the items cheaper, so what is the reason for upping the bids?

Yeah, certainly the visual appeal of this site is low. They should update it, but proly too busy making bank at the moment.

Am I the only one who's a little disappointed when I log on and find that I actually won the crap that I bid on? The problem is, I only expect to win about 50% of the bids, and I bid on several to save on shipping. Then if they all pull through, I'm screwed. Now I see why they call it the devil site.

I'm like that too, execpt I become a little paranoid instead of dissapointed. I plan to win only one product but I'll end up winning 2 or 3 and I'm like "oh shit" in a *uh oh I'm in trouble* kinda way.

I have noticed the folks that bid up on the cabinet. Is it just me or does there shipping seem really really fast? I love it but I got my package yesterday not expecting it for 2 or 3 more days. Good thing though to have that fast of shipping, because the weather all of a sudden dropped from 80's to 30's today.

Daniel

Back