Cedar in Coolidor

carterwsu

Young Ape
I've bit the bullet and bought a cooler (pics should be coming soon). I was seasoning some of my old boxes in it when I opened the cooler and notice a glue/strong adhesive smell. I sniffed around and found one box to have this smell permanently attached to it. I think they must have went overboard on the glue. It's a nice box (Camacho 1962) so I want to use it, but I fear that this may contaminate the others and eventually my cigars when I put them in. I pulled the box out and the smell left after a day or so. Should I keep it out? Will the smell affect the cigars if it's back in?

OR

should I just max out the credit card and get enough fresh/full, boxes to fill the cooler. :ss (hahaha, I would be in so much deep :BS for that)

I've bit the bullet and bought a cooler (pics should be coming soon). I was seasoning some of my old boxes in it when I opened the cooler and notice a glue/strong adhesive smell. I sniffed around and found one box to have this smell permanently attached to it. I think they must have went overboard on the glue. It's a nice box (Camacho 1962) so I want to use it, but I fear that this may contaminate the others and eventually my cigars when I put them in. I pulled the box out and the smell left after a day or so. Should I keep it out? Will the smell affect the cigars if it's back in?

OR

should I just max out the credit card and get enough fresh/full, boxes to fill the cooler. :ss (hahaha, I would be in so much deep :BS for that)
option b:r

If it has a bad smell, move it to a closet or attic for a while. Eventually the smell will fade (even from freshly varnished boxed).

Back