Cedar/wood flavor

uncballzer

aka Silky
I believe I've just found an adjunct to my Padrons. A couple weeks ago, I had a Cusano 18 paired maduro churchill that had been sitting in the humi for over a year. That thing had a wonderful cedar/woodsy flavor to it that I really enjoyed. It was pretty consistent throughout. I have had the Cusano 18 naturals before, but it's been so long I didn't remember what they were like (before I really got into collecting/smoking). After having this maduro, I may have to go back to some of my newbie smokes and give them a try again.
Another one though, that had a eerily similar taste profile that I had last night, was a Davidoff 2000. I got this from a free code in CA, but as soon as I lit it up, that cedar flavor just hit the spot. Although it didn't want to stay lit well, it was consistent throughout as well.
Does anyone else enjoy this woody/cedar flavor? If so, what are some other sticks that I should give a try that has this type of profile?

I like the CAO Mx2's, very nice woody, mixed with hints of choc., very good stick.
I think the Mx2's are a little over powering. I like maduros, but that cigar in particular just seems "fake" because it's SO sweet. I like it, but i'd prefer others :)

Fuente 8-9-8 maduro is excellent. The 5 Vegas As are wrapped in cedar and the cedar box they're in causes them to shout of cedary-smell when they're lit.

I like the CAO Mx2's, very nice woody, mixed with hints of choc., very good stick.

Had a CAO Braz. the other night that did have a hint of that taste I was looking for.

Fuente 8-9-8 maduro is excellent. The 5 Vegas As are wrapped in cedar and the cedar box they're in causes them to shout of cedary-smell when they're lit.

I've got a couple 8-9-8; may give one a try tonight. thanks!

I'll throw in my noobie opinion.

I've smoked some RyJ Cedro No. 2s that have a strong cedar flavor ....sometimes. Not very consistent. Also, I used to smoke Fuente Chateu Maduro, also has strong cedar taste/aroma. Both come in cedar wraps of course. I think I talked myself into revisiting these, it's been atleast a year. :ss

Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Connecticut, Perdomo Lot 23 Natural, and Oliva Series O (Nat)...IMO are slightly woody :D

Back