Celebration cigars

SpurNubber

Maturing Primate
I was just talkiing about sports and thought about a question for the board. What was your first celebration cigar you remember smoking and what would it be today if you were celebrating something?

Here's the story behind my thought. Last year I started smoking cigars with a friend on this board. It just started out having a cigar on Saturday nights after "football saturday" (Yup, big sports fan here). By the way, I'm a big South Carolina Gamecocks fan so we try to find any way we can celebrate. Anyway, we decided to buy a CAO Saprono for our big "celebration" victory whenever that would come. Well it came the last game of the regular season against our hated rival the Clemson Tigers :D.

So I was wondering what was the earliest celebration cigar you can remember? And what would be your celebration cigar now (whatever the moment) As for now, I would probably go buy either an Opus X or Anejo.

I was just talkiing about sports and thought about a question for the board. What was your first celebration cigar you remember smoking and what would it be today if you were celebrating something?

Here's the story behind my thought. Last year I started smoking cigars with a friend on this board. It just started out having a cigar on Saturday nights after "football saturday" (Yup, big sports fan here). By the way, I'm a big South Carolina Gamecocks fan so we try to find any way we can celebrate. Anyway, we decided to buy a CAO Saprono for our big "celebration" victory whenever that would come. Well it came the last game of the regular season against our hated rival the Clemson Tigers :D.

So I was wondering what was the earliest celebration cigar you can remember? And what would be your celebration cigar now (whatever the moment) As for now, I would probably go buy either an Opus X or Anejo.

I actually had my first one for graduating High School a couple weeks back, had the Perdomo Cabinet Series Cameroon, It was amazing!

The first "celebration" cigars was on my birthday when I first started smoking a few years back. I had a 40th Anny Padron and a Partagas 898 from the late 90's. I would still go with the Padron and/or an old, musty cigar. :ss

Well, I'd tell ya but then I'd have to kill ya. :r Just Kidding

I don't know what my "celebration" cigar was back in the day I honestly don't remember.

If I were to celebrate today with a NC I guess it would be a Padron Aniversary series. Always liked Padrons in general so why not smoke one that's top of that line I guess.

my first celebration cigar was an Opus X De chauteau - something like that.. i smoked it on christmas day of last year... if i was celebrating something now the gar would be a choice out of my GOF or the 20 salute ESG... :tu

First one for me was just earlier tonight celbrating my babys birth, my first RP 90' Vintage, very very good cigar. Loving the after taste although my wife is telling me my breath stinks.:gn :sb

I'm not sure since I've only been at this "hobby" for less than a year. However, when Carolina beats Clemson this year, I have a Padron 1926 40th Anniversary I've been saving for a while. :dr

About three decades ago it was rum soaked Crooks or Hava-Tampa Jewels. Cause for celebration could have been something as noteworthy as the weekend and a pocket full of cash.

As my tastes have matured (I haven't), the celebratory smokes would be purchased at a smoke shop as opposed to a gas station or convenience store. Purchased a box of El Castillos from Churchills at the mall when my son was born twenty years ago. We celebrated his birthday this past weekend with some twenty-plus year old ERDM's (among others) courtesy of Navy Doc.

Typically the end of the day, my relatively good health, and a general sense of well being is enough reason to smoke a good cigar. I don't reserve cigars for celebration because every day is a good reason. It is nice however to smoke a cigar that may share a certain vintage or anniversary date as I mentioned above.

I'm not sure since I've only been at this "hobby" for less than a year. However, when Carolina beats Clemson this year, I have a Padron 1926 40th Anniversary I've been saving for a while. :dr

I hear you on this one. Ain't nothing like a celebration cigar after that game :)

By the way, I'm a big South Carolina Gamecocks fan so we try to find any way we can celebrate. Anyway, we decided to buy a CAO Saprono for our big "celebration" victory whenever that would come.

So you don't smoke on those days the Gamecocks play the Hogs? :D

So you don't smoke on those days the Gamecocks play the Hogs? :D

Nah, no offense but I wouldn't consider that a big upset. We haden't beaten our rival in some 5 years. However, you guys have the best tandem backfield in America. Hey I hear things are in turmoil out there. Think Nutt lasts past this year?

I started smoking last year to celebrate my graduation from grad school with my masters in physics. I had several cigars of various types prior to the graduation party but smoked an excalibur dark knight (II, I think) with two buddies for the official celebration. Later that day went out and had an exodus 1959 gold with some other friends.

Celebration Cigar? My wife purchased 3 FFOX cigars for my birthday 2 years ago. I smoked one then and one on each succeding birthday. I've one left. But, thanks to Tom Favelli at Key West Cigar Company, I now have 3 more. So I'm set till 2010.
:cb

Nah, no offense but I wouldn't consider that a big upset. We haden't beaten our rival in some 5 years. However, you guys have the best tandem backfield in America. Hey I hear things are in turmoil out there. Think Nutt lasts past this year?

Your guess is as good as mine...I have mixed feelings on the subject. I think Nutt is a good coach, but he would have already been gone if he didn't get Reggie Herring. I haven't been keeping up with it lately, but things are going to get stirred up pretty soon I imagine... :2

I think my first 'celebration' cigar was a ISOM El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme a couple of years ago. Bought for me by my gf to celebrate getting out of hospital after a back operation.

If I were to have a celebation cigar today it would be a Hoyo Double Corona, just because I've never had one, and because of the size.

I can not remember maybe a monte #2 because it was the first cc. my celebration cigar now if a ryj churchill or my CoRo when they get some more age.

Eighteenth birthday I had a ISOM Partagas Series D

Recently Father's Day I had Opus Xs with my brother and stepdad

18th Birthday - Don Diego Churchill

I'm 27 now and a teacher. On the last day of school I plan to have my VSG Wizard

My dad is retired this year and we are taking a road trip to vegas. I'll have my first opus when we get there. That will be my first really premium celebration cigar.

I hope I never have kids (Not a big fan of them) But if the day came were a mishap took place and I ended up becoming a dad, I would buy a box of my fav cigars and age them until my child was 18 (Hopefully it would be a boy) and smoke them with him. If it was a girl, I would age some fine alcohol and a shotgun instead. :tu

I also had a CAO brazillia recently which I had in honer of my GED. I'm also going back and getting my HS diploma, so i will celebrate next June as well.

Back