cello or no cello?

Pat1075

ChestBeater
All right so I've been smoking cigars for about two years now, and here's the question that's been plaguing me for 1.5 of them. When aging do I keep them in the cellos or not and why or why not? Currently I don't for the most part. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm glad you asked this question, however I am of no help though. I tried getting this question answered in the "cigar box lids on or off" and didn't. So I am very interested in hearing the responses. Please refrain from saying that it comes down to personal preference :)

I have always had my cello off while aging (but still keep in the box). I just cant see how the cigar can react to the humidity in the humidor while sealed in cello? But that is only my humble :2 :ss

P.S. I love learning stuff here :tu

This is purely a matter of personal preference. A quick search will yield countless threads on the subject. Cello breaths so leaving it on will not restrict aging. :ss

WoW! I think I'll leave to the CS experts...

On a side note my exgirlfriend use to play the cello...:ss

My rules on cello and for that matter box lids are leave them as you found them. If your looking for resale especially leave them as you bought them.

If the manufacture put cello on them leave them there by all means nothing nicer then an old smoke in a yellowed cello to get your heart racing.

Box lids - CLOSED. That is how everyone I know that is not displaying them for sale or showing them off keeps them. In fact the some think a closed lid is not enough. Some collectors with a mind to age them long term have been know to wrap boxes in wax paper, saran wrap, put them in an air tight ammo locker, etc. with the belief that less air flow creates better aging conditions. Plus closed boxes stack easier and space is always an issue or it will be.

In fact I heard once that everytime you open a box of cigars and smell that delightful smell of tobacco and cedar it removes that much aroma from the cigar. So smell sparingly.

PS Cello "breaths" so no points there either way.

My answers are cello - your choice based on preference no right or wrong answer
Box lids - CLOSED especially if looking at aging.

Thanks all for your quick responses :tu

Im am pleased to know that cello's breathe. Having learned this I will continue to leave them as they come. :tu:tu:tu

I also leave them the way they came but I do save some cello in various sizes so that if I am mailing a cigar that came without, I can put cello on it to protect the cigar during shipment.:tu

No Cello............................More cowbell!!!
:D
Search "Cello"or "Cellophane" in (SearchTitles Only).....You will be amazed, and I bet you'll find several opinions on the subject.:tu

I perfer to leave it on because I feel it gives them better protection. Lets face it, it really cool when they yellow.

Back