Cfb Mc2

Moglman

Mountain Hound
I had one of these sitting in the humi for at least 3 months. I think I received it from Altbier, but I'm not positive. In any case, thanks George.

The smoke was nothing short of excellent. The wrapper was medium veined, and smelled good. Pre-light draw was easy and without much flavor. The first draw to the last was soooo smoooth! The taste had a lot of character, but mostly creamy, woody and just a little spicy. I kept looking at the cigar as if my eyes could tell me why this beaut was so darn tasty. Burn was slightly off for most of the smoke, but self corrected with a little turning. This beasty just poured heaps of smoke that was so aromatic. It got a bit hot on the tongue with an inch or so left.

Although these may be green from a fresh bundle, with only a little rest, I most definitely recommend.

I know George said the CFB PSD4 looked allot like a real PSD4, how this cigar do? Did it look much like a MC#2?

I go through a bundle about every two weeks of the MC4, nice quick smoke as I drive to a location shoot.

Nooner said:
I know George said the CFB PSD4 looked allot like a real PSD4, how this cigar do? Did it look much like a MC#2?
Yes, not too bad. Color was respectably close, the wrapper a bit rougher and more veiny than the real deal, but just a bit. MC2s are medium veined anyway. Nice sharp taper, good construction, maybe a bit more inconsistent in terms of lumps, hard and soft spots. Taste wasn't all that close to the real thing, but it was awesome!

I put the review of one of Georges CFB MC4s out a while back, but I am thinking its gone the way of a tear on a river. All I can remember is that it was quite good, different tasting than a MC4, tho not as memorable as this CFB MC2.

calistogey said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what's a CFB?

Cuba's Famous Brand sold at Uncle Mikey's a.k.a. Mr. Bundles.

You guys are killing me! I've been debating on some of these for a while, and all these posts are pushing me closer. I just have to make some room in the wine cooler first.

Mel

mels95yj said:
Cuba's Famous Brand sold at Uncle Mikey's a.k.a. Mr. Bundles.

You guys are killing me! I've been debating on some of these for a while, and all these posts are pushing me closer. I just have to make some room in the wine cooler first.

Mel

Give in Mel, they are very good. If I had any left I'd send you some, but I can't keepem.. :r

Geeze I almost forgot, nice review Scott..

Last edited:
The cfb MC #2 I had a while back had a bit more of a boxed pressed shape to them. I do agree with with this review, very nice smoke.

Back