CFO Barb's Box Pressed Toro

bobarian

Elder Jungle Leader
A little while back Firridge sent me a fiver of these smokes for me to try. This afternoon I decided to fire one up. Thanks James for the tasty smoke!
The stick came banded with a "Quadrado" band. So a quick Google and I came up with this:http://www.smokeshopmag.com/0807/manuf.htm
From the site:"...the Quadrado, a box-pressed cigar offered at bundle pricing. It's blended from eight-year aged fillers and binder with an Ecuador-Sumatra wrapper."

This is one ugly looking stick. Box pressed on 4 sides like it was put in a vice. But looks can often be deceiving. Ugly cap as well. Chopped it with the Palio, nice and clean. Prelight draw had lots of sweetness to my surprise. A bit underfilled as it was still a bit squishy(technical term). Each puff you could actually feel the cigar contract. Draw was a bit tight for the first third before it opened up. Nice and smooth with some nice spiciness, not peppery, it was kind of hard to place. Ash was solid with very little flaking. Definitely a medium bodied smoke with a decent nic kick. Final third was quite pleasant, same kind of sweet spiciness but much smoother than the first 2/3. A one dimensional smoke but what can you expect for the price. :ss

I have a bundle of these resting, but they are good to go now. A butt ugly stick, but well worth the $0.50 that they are asking. An interesting alternative to the Reserva #7 for those looking for a different flavor profile at a severely discounted price. :tu:tu:tu

Back