CFO Gold Foot #7

bobarian

Elder Jungle Leader
Its been a while since I've done a review so I thought I would break one of these out tonight. Many of you cheap smoke smokers may have put these to sleep due to the wetness and ammonia taste they had when first released last fall. THEY ARE READY!

MFG-The Cigar Factory Outlet(thecigarfo.com)
Size-6x50 Toro
Original release from Fall 07
Wrapper-Sungrown Rosado
Filler/Binder-Ecuador/Honduras

These have been resting comfortably for about 8 months. Beautiful wrapper, nice and dark. Not too veiny, no flaws, nice cap

Whacked it with the Palio. Nice clean cut, no crublies from the cut. No ammonia from prelight draw! Woohoo, we are good to go! Starts of very nicely with that familiar #7 flavor. Not too spicy, no harshness at all. Not quite as smooth as my 6 month old Reserva's, but very nice. Nice solid ash, no flaking.

Nice strength, little bit of a nic kick. Probably a medium strength but more flavor than most medium sticks.(Can you tell I really like this blend?) Can't expect the most complex smoke for 50cents, but comparable to any $2-4 NC smoke out there. Burn is a bit wavy, but not distracting. Clouds of nice smoke from every puff. About half way strength picks up without getting hot or harsh.

Final third is similar in flavor. Gave it a habitual purge and things got real smooth! Only got hot in the final inch or two. But overall a very good smoke. If you have these buried and have been waiting for them to come around, now is the time! Sadly these are now gone.:confused: But CFO has new size, still at 50cents. Its a little 5x50 robusto. Hope to give some of these a try real soon. Another tasty #7 is the little Petite Corona available only in the Corona sampler. Hoping these are released in bundles soon!

I dont do numbers, but if I did I would give these a solid 8, just a step behind the Reserva #7's.

Sorry for the lousy pic's. I need to get lessons from Ratters!:hn

Highly recommended!:tu:tu:tu

I don't know, I'm still scared after that first CFO. :D

Hey Bob, on the camera there should be a macro setting, usually a flower symbol. It'll let your camera focus on the cigar. ;)

Nice review, btw. :tu

Back