Chalk another one off the list

Mark THS

Herfing at 110°
The night started out with so much potential. $2 Pabst Blue Ribbons and a nice rustic, lodge style restaurant...

I met up with Sancho tonight for another mini-herf at pretty cool restaurant that we have herfed at before (and one we were considering to host a future Detroit herf). They've always been pretty cigar friendly, but after we got our first round of drinks and prepared to light up, we were informed that they went "cigar free" a couple days ago (note: cigarettes still permitted). :hn

To the credit of the manager, she let us light up tonight because there weren't many patrons in the restaurant and because the rule had just changed, but I couldnt help but to be bummed out at losing yet another spot to smoke cigars.

(bum bum bum) another one bites the dust

It was a dissappointing day, such a nice place wasted... It was the perfect place to host a large scale herf, albeit a weak ventilation system, nice large balcony area.

None the less, it was a fun herf and at least they let us stick around for a couple cigars :tu

ever since i've been smoking stogies (all of maybe 6 months) i've never known of anywhere that allows smoking indoors.. sounds nice though.. :hn

This happened to me a few weeks ago too. Nice restaurant, they allow smoking, I sat in the far corner away from everyone was clipping my cigar and I've never seen a manager run so fast to my table. Next time I need ketchup and they make me wait 20 minutes I'll just pull out a stogie. :hn

That stinks.

I feel for you. Boston is smoke free except for maybe a few places that allow cigar smoking.

The night started out with so much potential. $2 Pabst Blue Ribbons and a nice rustic, lodge style restaurant...

I met up with Sancho tonight for another mini-herf at pretty cool restaurant that we have herfed at before (and one we were considering to host a future Detroit herf). They've always been pretty cigar friendly, but after we got our first round of drinks and prepared to light up, we were informed that they went "cigar free" a couple days ago (note: cigarettes still permitted). :hn

To the credit of the manager, she let us light up tonight because there weren't many patrons in the restaurant and because the rule had just changed, but I couldnt help but to be bummed out at losing yet another spot to smoke cigars.

(bum bum bum) another one bites the dust

ZYA_LTR and I went to Robustos last night. I know its kinda far for you guys, but at least they are a cigar bar. If you ever want to meet up for some smokes, there's always Robustos.

Have you guys been to Bailey's over on Maple between Crooks and Coolidge? They allow cigars in there. They also have pool tables and a large selection of tap beers.

Hey bro, I feel your pain, happened to me in the early summer, but I have actually found another cigar friendly bar, bout a 10 minute walk from my house.
Bad thing is, in 2009 there is going be a city wide smoking ban........

ZYA_LTR and I went to Robustos last night. I know its kinda far for you guys, but at least they are a cigar bar. If you ever want to meet up for some smokes, there's always Robustos.

Have you guys been to Bailey's over on Maple between Crooks and Coolidge? They allow cigars in there. They also have pool tables and a large selection of tap beers.

Nice, we'll have to keep Robusto's in the cigar rolodex.

I go to Baileys a lot for dinner/drinks, but I'm always 'ehh' about going there late on a Saturday night or Sunday afternoon- its a little more hectic than I like when I'm just sitting back and smoking. I've been there a couple times and smoked during 'odd hours' when there are less people.

Sancho mentioned Goodnight Gracies, have you been there?

That stinks.

I feel for you. Boston is smoke free except for maybe a few places that allow cigar smoking.

Fortunately, Boston still has a decent selection of cigar bars in a relatively close area (at least in the city). It tends to be a bit of a drive in Metro Detroit to get to the nearest cigar bar.

Back