Chateau Real Gran Templer + 100th post

ucubed

Lowland Gorilla
So I decided to post a review for my 100th post. It will be on the Chateau Real Gran Templar. I bought this for $6.50 and Corona on Sand Lake on the 28th of April and I smoked it on the 21st of May ( by the way I write these things down in my little book). I don't usually smoke mild's, but I graded it based on a mild cigar.

To me it is a very mild-medium cigar. More on the mild side, it was very light. There was hint of black pepper to me with a very nutty taste. I'm not a big fan of the nutty taste so it was a little too dominant for me. It was very well made however and had an even burn and ashed itself at 1.5". Initially it was fairly creamy/milky, however at the 2nd half it became fairly bitter. It did release a subtle fruity undertone. Not one of my more detailed reviews that I would do, however I decided to start putting my reviews up. All in all for a mild cigar, I gave it a C+. I really didn't enjoy the dominant nutty flavor and I wasn't expecting that mass bitterness past the halfway mark. Great construction with a solid ash. I wouldn't buy it again just for the reason that it was a mild cigar. Anyways I hope this helped

Thanks for the review. Difference of opinion here though, I love Chateau Real. One of my favorite mild smokes. :)

I really like the Noble Habana when I'm in the mood for a mild smoke, and let's not forget the trusty Leather Patch.
Good review on what I feel is a very underated mild stick.

Back