Chicago sunday feb 17

r-ice

Lowland Gorilla
Planning a road trip to chicago from toronto. Last min idea by a bunch of friends. was wondering if anyone from chicago can point me to some touristy places and a good b&m =] thanks

Planning a road trip to chicago from toronto. Last min idea by a bunch of friends. was wondering if anyone from chicago can point me to some touristy places and a good b&m =] thanks

Jack Schwartz ( a member here) and Iwan Reis are good B&Ms in the city. I can give you some other options like Cigar King in Skokie if you are going to venture outside the city.

Tourist things...the Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Observation deck at the top of the Sears Tower, are some possibilites.

Jack Schwartz ( a member here) and Iwan Reis are good B&Ms in the city. I can give you some other options like Cigar King in Skokie if you are going to venture outside the city.

Tourist things...the Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Observation deck at the top of the Sears Tower, are some possibilites.

thanks, lol last night I was siting around smoking and drinking with my buddies. They said their going to Chicago and had spots for two more, my gf and I . So I said yes and a day later we'll be headed down. I love the fact my job gives me LONG weekends. I work 7 and get 6 off sometimes.
so now this is just some random road trip down to the states, maybe i can finally pick up some opus x or something.. lol those sticks cost like 67 dollars here.

Also Up Down - in the city but not right downtown.

Tourist there's also the zoo, which is free. We like the gorillas.
You have to pay to go up to the observation deck in the sears tower - best value for getting up there is to have lunch at the Signature room. Dinner and brunch there are both pretty expensive but lunch is a pretty good deal. Go on the earlier side to get a table near a window.
If you let your girlfriend choose what to do, she may want to go to the magnificent mile.

Depending on what you're actually going for... the touristy things (like the aquairums and museums) are great. Another non-pseudo-educational possibility is simply to wander down Michigan Ave. That's the main drag for downtown retail, where shops and the fancy hotels are, etc., etc. That's the "downtown" part of "downtown" you want to be in. If you're staying overnight someplace, I won't even begin to attempt to tell you about any of the zillion restaurants... but there are no shortage of them within a few blocks off of Michigan.

Anyway, don't know how long you're planning to be there, but a walk down Michigan Ave, crossing the river (which will be cold & windy), and in that area is a very basic thing to do if you've never been downtown before.

Edit: Yeah... that's what its called, duh. "The Magnificent Mile." Your GF will dig that.

Last edited:
all right for sure, we're gonna be there from sunday to wed and my friends are watching the blackhawks hockey game. I guess I'll have to go to this magnificent mile, lol she'll defo want to go.

well it might not matter considering our harebrained idea that we would just road trip it to chicago without consulting first the weather and road conditions. Apparently its going to be awful in Ontario Tomorrow so we've postponed the trip untill at least next month or so. =[ but thanks for all your advice..:D

Back