Chisel.... hunh??

Bigga Petey

Lowland Gorilla
Here's the deal.
Picked up a few La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisels.
Figgered I'd give them a whirl.
How would one nip the cap without destroying the stogie?
Sidecutters?
Exacto knife?
Scissors?
Finger nail clippers?
Chain saw?
Machete?

Been staring at it like a black bear trying to figure out how to open a picnic cooler.

Thanks!

Bigga Petey said:
Here's the deal.
Sidecutters?
Exacto knife?
Scissors?
Finger nail clippers?
Chain saw?
Machete?

Been staring at it like a black bear trying to figure out how to open a picnic cooler.

Thanks!

I just cut it like I would a regular cigar ... never had a problem with the 6 or so I've smoked.

Bigga Petey said:
Here's the deal.
Sidecutters?
Exacto knife?
Scissors?
Finger nail clippers?
Chain saw?
Machete?

Thanks!

According to txmatt (in the "buzz my roomate" thread) you could double punch the top. (he reccomends that for maximum niccotine)
Thats all i can remember seeing on how to cut them.

With the one chisel I had, I used a regular double blade cutter. Oriented it so that each flat side of the chisel was pointed towards one of the blades (since they make an oval once they're partially closed anyways). Worked fine for me.

Id go with the Machete :D, More seriously i would use the regular cutter, or maybe try Txmatt double punch technique.

I've tried both double punch and a regular cutter in the past. I prefer the double punch technique myself, but either way works fine.

I am a fan of the double blade cutter, one snip vs trying to get 2 punches. I have had no problem with any unraveling of the chisel cap. I just take the smallest amount off.

can we get a pic of this stogie? sounds weird!

Edit:
ChiselLaFlor1.gif

LiteHedded said:
those look really interesting.
real easy to keep in your mouth I'll have to remember to pick up some of those

Mr. Litehedded, be forewarned. These double ligero chisel tip torpedoes are one helluva strong stick! (Especially if you double punch the top....it forces the smoke stream to the roof of your mouth, and the soft palate; this in turn will give you a stong nicotine buzz and make you.....

....you guessed it.....LiteHedded......... ;) :D

(

I met with the La Flor rep when he was at the cigar shop for a tasting. He said that Litto designed these to be punched. BUT...catch is...you only punch one side of the chisel. This is so the smoke is either directed towards the roof of your mouth, or at your tongue...but not both at the same time.

CigarHoss said:
I met with the La Flor rep when he was at the cigar shop for a tasting. He said that Litto designed these to be punched. BUT...catch is...you only punch one side of the chisel. This is so the smoke is either directed towards the roof of your mouth, or at your tongue...but not both at the same time.

Exactly! But if you double punch on the same side you get even more smoke! :D :w

I guess I will try the punch next time. I have been doing the cut. Don't be too worried about this cigar, it is full of flavor but I don't think it will put an everyday smoker on their behind.

Mili graci for all the help and tips here.

Did nip the tip with the cutter.
Trying the punch next time.
That is one kik-azz smoke.
I was tinkering in the garage when I stoked it up.
First puff got my attention big time.
Made me sit down and get personal with this smoke.

Full review when I get time.

Back