CI Humi-Care HX10 Crystal Gel Rectangle Humidifier

dantzig

Pseudo Gorilla
This thing here http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=M-HMC06&cat=10

If you receive one of these, my advice is to a) throw it away or b) break it open and fill it with beads.

Why?

I followed the instructions that accompanied it on how to hydrate it. They said to submerge it in distilled water for 24 hours. After 15 minutes of soaking in a shallow layer of distilled water it was bursting open as it was overfilled with crystals. The crystals were literally bursting out the seems and through the mesh so I took it apart, removed half of the crystals and allowed it to sit face-down on some paper towels overnight to get rid of excess non-absorbed water.

It seemed fine at this point so I put it in one of my humidors. The magnetic backing wasn't strong enough to hold it to the humidor lid and it kept falling off LOL (I had an empty try under it so it didn't damage any cigars). Since it wouldn't stay in place with the backing, I just set it face-up in my humidor (this was last night). Today, I noticed some water droplets on the cello of nearby cigars and a couple of them didn't look too good. Even worse, a couple nearby cigars didn't have cello on them so the wrappers had a couple damp spots :c

I ripped the POS apart and filled it with 65% beads. Now I'm praying that the rest of my cigars are okay.

Thanks for the review. I had my eyes on one of these but went with the heartfelt beads instead and glad I did.

I would like to tack on another thumbs down for crystal gel period.

This stuff is just too messy for a humidor and it's dying to escape whatever you put it in.

I have a lil different take on this....I have a fridge-a-dor that for the last few months I have been using (well actually in all my humis I have used them almost a yr) the CI Crystal humidification but I got 2 of the 4 oz jars and have used them with no issues for a yr now holds @ 70% and there is a line on the jar on how full to fill it and when it needs to be filled. sits on the bottom of my fridge and another up on a top shelf and no difference between top and bottom. Good Luck!

Shawn

I have a lil different take on this....I have a fridge-a-dor that for the last few months I have been using (well actually in all my humis I have used them almost a yr) the CI Crystal humidification but I got 2 of the 4 oz jars and have used them with no issues for a yr now holds @ 70% and there is a line on the jar on how full to fill it and when it needs to be filled. sits on the bottom of my fridge and another up on a top shelf and no difference between top and bottom. Good Luck!

Shawn

I use a 4 oz jar in one of my humis and have been pleased with it so far. It's been about a year and I've never had any real problems.

Back