CI One Day Special

Ha.... I found the description telling me NOT to buy it ;)

"If you enjoy only top-of-the-line, super-premium cigars.....then avert your eyes and skip right past this deal! However, if you're a bargain hunter looking for a mild, long-filler cigar in volume - at an unheard of price - then this one is a home run. Joya del Jefe is handmade from a mellow blend of Dominican long-fillers and a Connecticut wrapper leaf, offering a pleasant, slow-burning, mild smoke. Smooth, crisp flavors mingle with a slight creaminess. The insane price steals the thunder: I have way too much inventory of the Robusto size available so I'm offering up 2 bundles for just $21.99. That’s 50 handmades for only 44 cents apiece! Look, this cigar ain't no box of chocolates. But it'll be hard for mild cigar value hunters to resist this deal at such a sweet price. While they last."

It's the thought that counts though... Thanks Moglman!

Franksmith said:
Ha.... I found the description telling me NOT to buy it ;)
It's the thought that counts though... Thanks Moglman!

icehog3 said:
They look a little too much like "Cremosas" to me...

Hey, just trying to get word to the PBSs, although the possibility exists that it could do permanent damage to their tender, young minds if icehog is right and they really are cremosa-ish. JUST SAY NO, especially if their own site tells you to!

:r :r

One thing I was always liked about CI was their brutal honesty. If they try to sell crap, they let their customers know it's crap, unlike some places that make every cigar sound like god's gift to botl's.

I wonder just how bad they are.
I need some cheap cigars for a lot of people who don't smoke regularly.

VirtualSmitty said:
One thing I was always liked about CI was their brutal honesty. If they try to sell crap, they let their customers know it's crap, unlike some places that make every cigar sound like god's gift to botl's.

Holy cow ... I just looked there and you're absolutely correct...

Swisher Sweets offer a unique blend of quality tobaccos combined with special flavorings to produce a mild, sweet, satisfying smoke. Available in an assortment of sizes, Swishers have something from everyone, except SeanGAR, who thinks these suckers really blow.

VirtualSmitty said:

ummm.. yeah... red added for emphasis:

Cremosa Cubana

“Back in the cigar boom...” It probably seems like we sing this familiar refrain early and often.

True, considering that almost 6 or so years have passed since the “boom” went bust, it’s amazing that there are still a number of closeouts from that era coming down the pike; brands that managed to cling to life for a while longer, I gather. Yet some of these closeout specials are downright exceptional deals. Handmade cigars for closeout prices like this just aren’t economically feasible for a factory to make anew. So, I recommend jumping on a couple of them while they’re here. Cremosa Cubana originally sold for something like $8 per cigar. It’s not worth $8 apiece of course, but they’re pretty darn good. Composed of Dominican long-fillers and a chestnut-brown, oily Sumatra wrapper, Cremosa Cubana offers a medium-bodied flavor with a slow and even burn. These Dominican handmades have a pleasant and enjoyable taste for 80 cents apiece, it’s well worth it! From the makers of Camacho and Baccarat comes a delightful medium-bodied cigar!

SeanGAR said:
Holy cow ... I just looked there and you're absolutely correct...

Swisher Sweets offer a unique blend of quality tobaccos combined with special flavorings to produce a mild, sweet, satisfying smoke. Available in an assortment of sizes, Swishers have something from everyone, except SeanGAR, who thinks these suckers really blow.

:r Well at least on their email specials their honest. And the catalogue can be funny at times too. Good bathroom reading.

i never really look at their website, just satanbid :hn

SeanGAR said:
Available in an assortment of sizes, Swishers have something from everyone.

Yeah some hair from Jose, some dirt from Juan's hands, saliva from Rafael... And you don't want to know why they're so sweet!

mmblz said:
ummm.. yeah... red added for emphasis:

Cremosa Cubana

“Back in the cigar boom...” It probably seems like we sing this familiar refrain early and often.

True, considering that almost 6 or so years have passed since the “boom” went bust, it’s amazing that there are still a number of closeouts from that era coming down the pike; brands that managed to cling to life for a while longer, I gather. Yet some of these closeout specials are downright exceptional deals. Handmade cigars for closeout prices like this just aren’t economically feasible for a factory to make anew. So, I recommend jumping on a couple of them while they’re here. Cremosa Cubana originally sold for something like $8 per cigar. It’s not worth $8 apiece of course, but they’re pretty darn good. Composed of Dominican long-fillers and a chestnut-brown, oily Sumatra wrapper, Cremosa Cubana offers a medium-bodied flavor with a slow and even burn. These Dominican handmades have a pleasant and enjoyable taste for 80 cents apiece, it’s well worth it! From the makers of Camacho and Baccarat comes a delightful medium-bodied cigar!

Alright after checking out the website i'm wrong. They in fact have probably as much crap as Thompson's and JR. At least in their emails they can be honest. And satanbid has few funny ones.

VirtualSmitty said:
Alright after checking out the website i'm wrong. They in fact have probably as much crap as Thompson's and JR. At least in their emails they can be honest. And satanbid has few funny ones.

Maybe they saw how fast JR sold out of their Schimmelpenninck specials and thought "what the heck, clean out the :BS ..."
:r

Back