Cigar bar on the Simpsons

I loved that episode and how the referenced the 90's like it was forever ago.

Doesn't it just suck when what you used to get excited about as something new becomes something old and then something classic.

I just hate it when I hear a song that I remember hearing when it was new, only to hear the DJ call it a "classic."

I was hoping for a better cigar quote out of the whole thing, "Cohiba me then" doesn't quite make for a good cigar-related signature...

Saw it last night, thought it was very funny. How many 90s Alt Rock songs did they twist? My wife loved the cigar bar scene. HOw about when the Oxygen Bar next door blew up? :ss

Just one thing that just bugs me about that episode. The Simpsons came out back when I was in high school. I graduated high school in '90 & college in '94. How the heck did Marge & Homer go back & rewrite their history?

I was nervous when they had the whole MTV News special report about Homer being holed up in his mansion. When Cobain whacked himself my whole fraternity sat there in front of MTV completely speechless all day mourning him. Kind of odd to think about nowadays. We really had NOTHING to be so angry about back then, why were we all?

Simpsons started in 1989 but they're playing on the fact that the kids don't age. Now Bart is still 10 and Homer and Marge are 40ish. That gives them ten new years to play with.

Back