Cigar Caddy 18-ct Review (Thanks, Jamie!)

a while back, i did a review of my 5-ct cigar caddy, which gets a lot of use and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

well, jamie of www.cigarcaddy.com took notice of my humble experiment and asked if i'd be interested in doing some tests on the 18-ct with a boveda pack. i was all for it, so jamie sent me an 18-ct cigar caddy with a boveda pack. as if the opportunity wasn't cool enough, jamie tells me to keep it when i'm done! :chk

so i'm prefacing this review with a HUGE thank you to jamie (Cigar Caddy) of www.cigarcaddy.com, an outstanding BOTL.

the review portion will be coming over the next few weeks. i've got a two week trip coming up, so i can provide results after my outbound/inbound flights. :ss

Day 1:

Around 7:00pm, I placed 9 cigars into the 18-count, placed the 69% RH boveda pack in, and a WCIII (Calibrated, -1 degree off). After two hours, the WCIII was reading 50% RH. I then proceeded to drive 200 miles to Los Angeles, CA.

Day 2:

Opened up the Caddy around 11:00am and it wa at 65% RH. Opened it, again, around 10:00pm to pull out four cigars and it was still at 65% RH (don't mind 65% as that's what i keep my humidor at). Cigars were in perfect condition, as expected.

Day 3:

I flew to Washingon D.C. and the Caddy wouldn't open, sealed shut. So i purged the air with the built-in valve, and it's at 68% RH. For those curious, my cigars are on the bottom tray, now, with humidity pack and hygro on the middle tray.

Day 4:

Took out my last two Tatuaje Blacks at 9:00pm, 67% RH. Smoked beautifully. Will be posting in the WTS forum to see if anyone has some they could free up. :)

Will be checking to see how long this Boveda pack really lasts. Instructions say 2 months. So after this trip is done (in a few days), i'lll post back in a few months to report on its progress.

Back