Cigar Caddy / Otterbox

forrest

Young Ape
For Spring Break, I'll be spending my time drinking and climbing rocks (although not in that order!) in the desert with a conspicuous lack of showering. I've decided that I need to bring a whole bunch of cigars for everyone that'll be on the trip, and the 15-count Cigar Caddy that's currently the largest made just won't cut for an expedition of this size.

Do any of you know where I can get a 20 or 30 count Otterbox-type travel humidor? The only ones I can find are $150 or so, and I'm a poor grad student, not a business executive. I know Otterbox/Cigar Caddy used to make 24 and 32 count models, if someone knows where to pick up one of those I'd be extremely grateful.

Last edited:
About three years ago I picked up a 32 count Otterbox on C-Bid for $20.

I haven't been there is a while, and I don['t know if they even sell them anymore. But you uced to be able to find one really cheap over there.

Joshua Tree! or maybe Red Rocks in Nevada?

Get some water pillows and a tupperware container. You don't need a permanent solution, just one for this trip, right?

That said, my only travel-dor is my 50 count otterbox.

Joshua Tree! or maybe Red Rocks in Nevada?

Joshua Tree! Dirtbag Spring Break is going to be amazing.

Thanks for all the input, everyone! For some reason, the idea of using tupperware never occurred to me. That's nice and cheap, so I'll go with that idea. Thanks again!

You could probably use a 50 cal ammo canidore and some foam. I would just take a knife to cut some groves into some sort of packing foam or just use paper. The ammo can costs about $10 from a surplus store and is pretty big (I probably have 60-70 sticks in my 50 cal overflow humidor. The only problem is that some of them take a bit cleaning to get rid of any smell.

Heck mine even keeps 67% humidity without and humidification device. The sticks coming in a little humid from CI and Cbid seems to make up for any water vapor lost to opening it.

For Spring Break, I'll be spending my time drinking and climbing rocks (although not in that order!) in the desert with a conspicuous lack of showering. I've decided that I need to bring a whole bunch of cigars for everyone that'll be on the trip, and the 15-count Cigar Caddy that's currently the largest made just won't cut for an expedition of this size.

Do any of you know where I can get a 20 or 30 count Otterbox-type travel humidor? The only ones I can find are $150 or so, and I'm a poor grad student, not a business executive. I know Otterbox/Cigar Caddy used to make 24 and 32 count models, if someone knows where to pick up one of those I'd be extremely grateful.

Get one from Mark at Cigarmony.com.

I have a 10ct I use on the golf course. This thing is great. It is totally indestructable. You cigars can stay atleast 10 days in them with out doing anything to them.

The larger Otterbox cigar caddy's were discontinued but x-treme and cigarsolutions have very similar models still for sale.

I bought a cigar caddy 5400 on eBay which is your best bet if you really want the otterbox brand.

The X-treme travel humidors (by Madelaine) (18-24 ct, 30-50 ct & 50-80 ct) were bought out by Xikar a few weeks ago and should be readily available within the next few weeks.

I hope this helps

~Mark

The X-treme travel humidors (by Madelaine) (18-24 ct, 30-50 ct & 50-80 ct) were bought out by Xikar a few weeks ago and should be readily available within the next few weeks.

I hope this helps

~Mark

Sweet! I had heard about Xikar purchasing them but this is good news on the product line! :ss

You could probably use a 50 cal ammo canidore and some foam. I would just take a knife to cut some groves into some sort of packing foam or just use paper. The ammo can costs about $10 from a surplus store and is pretty big (I probably have 60-70 sticks in my 50 cal overflow humidor. The only problem is that some of them take a bit cleaning to get rid of any smell.

Heck mine even keeps 67% humidity without and humidification device. The sticks coming in a little humid from CI and Cbid seems to make up for any water vapor lost to opening it.

I was about to suggest this myself. This sounds like the perfect reason to build the ammodor. These hold humidity extremely well. A couple of washings with baking soda and a good airing out will get rid of the smell. :tu

Rick
:cb

The Pelican 1200 fits the cigar trays by cigaraccessories almost perfectly. The interior dimension is 4.5 high. This means that you can get probably five trays in there. It is better if they fit a little tight, IMHO. That would be 40 robustos or 30 churchills in a Pelican 1200 case. Best prices on Pelican cases I have seen when recently shopping for one were here
http://www.caseclub.com/pelican.htm. The 1150 is $27.53 without the foam.

Each tray is $4 here http://www.cigaraccessories.cigarsolutions.com/travelhumidortrays.html

Throw in a waterpillow, Boveda pack or Heartfelt pearls and you have one sweet humidor. If you want to really show off the Pelican 1450 would fit two trays side by side and 6 trays stacked on each side. So that would be 12 trays instead of 5.

You could even have an engraved name plate put on it and install a pad lock or two. Just not really inconspicuous if you want to bring your Cubans through customs.

Till

Last edited:
Back