Cigar.com?

Studebaker

Evolving Lead Gorilla
If there's been discussion about Cigar.com lately, my searches didn't produce much. Evidently they bought a mailing list that has me on it and I got their May 2008 catalog the other day. I like the way it's laid out, and there's none of the tiresome attempts to be witty or funny like CI and JR do ad nauseum.

How are they on customer service, etc.? If you've bought from them, do you recommend them?

I've ordered from them a few times, and I've always had very good service. Orders came promptly and in good condition. I will be ordering from them again.:tu

They are on my "preferred suppliers" list, that alas is growing by leaps and bounds as my wallet does the opposite!

I didn't know that Cigar.com and CI were one and the same. There was an ad in last Sunday's paper with a three-cigar sampler from Cigar.com for $5. When I went to the website to see what it would cost to order, it said they were "sold out". How can you be "out" of a three-stick sampler if you are any kind of store at all?

They're expensive in my experience.....they're kinda like an e-tailing B&M. And they take trips to Nicaragua and Honduras cause they've recorded podcasts from those locations. Hmmmmm, I guess I pay for that. Not. :r

Cigar.com and CI are the same and cigar.com prices are a little higher on some things than CI. However if you call or e-mail tim he usually will match what CI sells for and I think the service is better. I use them all the time and really have had no problems.:tu

I have ordered from both CI and Thompson Cigar. Like anything else, you have to check prices because they aren't always bargains. I usually shop their sales, especially if it is a brand I have tried and like. I have gotten a couple of brands going solely from their descriptions that I really didn't care for, but that may just be personal taste. I tend to buy samplers when buying from the online places (unless they have one of my favorite sticks for a great price). It gives me a wide range of different tastes and if there is something I don't like I'm not stuck with a bunch of them.

My experience has been that the sticks arrive a little dry, and they need to spend some time in the humidor before I light up. I learned that the hard way with a bundle of ten Fonsecas I bought from CI. I tried to smoke one the day they arrived, and the wrapper splayed and dropped hot ash in my lap without warning. After about a week in my humidor they were fine.

I have had a good experience with them. UPS sent my shipment to Oklahoma for some unknown reason (I live in Louisiana). I called cigars.com they overnighted me replacements so they were fresh and return label for when the original cigars finally arrived. I thought that was cool for something that was not their fault.

cigar.com = cigars international

Check their addresses.

They share a warehouse, but they're not quite the same company. They have the same parent company, but they operate as competitors. Try to post a link to cigar.com on the c-bid forums and you'll see what I mean.

Cigar.com usually has much higher prices than CI, so I suspect that their parent company (Swedish Match) targets cigar.com towards people new to buying cigars online (using the domain name, and its number one ranking in google for a "cigars" search), and they target CI towards more experienced (bargain) shoppers.

They share a warehouse, but they're not quite the same company. They have the same parent company, but they operate as competitors. Try to post a link to cigar.com on the c-bid forums and you'll see what I mean.

Cigar.com usually has much higher prices than CI, so I suspect that their parent company (Swedish Match) targets cigar.com towards people new to buying cigars online (using the domain name, and its number one ranking in google for a "cigars" search), and they target CI towards more experienced (bargain) shoppers.

They were related long before Swedish Match bought them, though, that was fairly recent.

they are the same?? i'm confused.

anyway, i have ordered from both. i like the cigar.com podcasts and videos. i don't order from cigar.com often because the prices are much higher. i recently ordered a NUB sampler from cigar.com that was STOLEN off my patio by my neighbor from hell. tim was nice enough to send me a replacement even though the package was marked as delivered. and my packages are now being delivered to work...

How ingenious to sell the same sticks at B&M prices under the cigar.com name.

It's funny how on any given day you can find the exact same cigars on CI, Cigar.com, Cbid, & Joecigar.com at four different prices and the money going into the same pocket.

They are the same, cbid included. They all come out of the same city, Bath, PA I think.

As far as customer service, cigar.com has always been great. They respond to emails almost immediatly. :2

Cigar.com is pricey, but they seem to have the best overall selection. I have ordered from them several times, always with pretty good results (although singles and samplers sometimes arrive with slightly chipped feet). Tim (their customer service guy) is professional and always quick to follow-up on e-mails.

Hi,

We acctually have one of there staff members as a member on here,
His Club stogie user name is cigarsmoker, he dosn't come on here often but If you want to talk with him I figured out a great idea, go to cigar.com during normal working hours, and youl see a button on the top right corner, usalt when you hit that button Jeff come on to chat, if its another guy you can say is Jeff there and they transfer the chat to him. Tell him your from CS and ask him if he has any deals for you.

Back