Cigar Gifting Etiquette

Cigar Gifting Etiquette - When To Gift Your Doctor

• Do it before surgery - That way he will do a good job.

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • After surgery - Make sure your ass wakes up first.

Votes: 47 69.1%
  • Half down and the balance upon completion.

Votes: 11 16.2%

• Total voters

RGD

Elder Jungle Leader
Cigar Gifting Etiquette

I have checked the manual on this and can't find a definitive answer - here is the deal:

Going under the knife in a few days and I know that my Doctor is a BOTL - :ss

I plan on gifting him some smokes - question is when do I do this? Before the operation in hopes that he does a good job? After as a Thank You. Or maybe half before and half when and if I wake up? :)

What's everyone think? LOL

Ron

Show him a picture of the smokes, then tell him they are all his if everything goes well :D
LOL J/K

I would probally give them after as a thank you for thanking care of your Ass..

In the interest of "God Forbid Anything Should Happen and The 'Gars go to Waste" I said before going under...

What a morbid thought, but you asked and I answered.

Give the cigars to me and I'll do the surgery. I'm not really a doctor, but I'll play one in this thread. And I did field dress a deer once so I'm sure I'm qualified.

Give the cigars to me and I'll do the surgery. I'm not really a doctor, but I'll play one in this thread. And I did field dress a deer once so I'm sure I'm qualified.

I will assist. How many cigars we talking about?

I say after as a Thank you.

don't wait until after - if the surgeon messes it up - you won't wake up and then what happens to your cigars? Give him the best you have before the surgery.

After you die, you don't want to spend eternity wondering who got to smoke the Dunhills do you?

If it was me, I'd find out if we can herf some days before he cuts you open, and I'll provide the sticks. Then I'd have smokes sent to his office after the deed has been done. Then after I recover, I'll ask him if he wants to herf, and I'll provide the sticks again.

I say after, but you may want to give him one to show the prize at the end. You know, the old carrot & a stick trick.

IMO, it all depends on your motive. If you just want to gift him the cigars, do it after. If it's a bribe, give them before. Human nature being what it is, bribes work.

If it's both, as erratum said, tape one to the surgery site, and include a note "more where that came from"...

If you are going under a general anesthesia then I say before. You don't want to be all groggy and talkin' trash when you give it.

If it is light surgery and you will be up and about afterward and not all in pain, drugged, or grumpy after is good too.

Back