Cigar international review/ Coffee Table Humidor review

Ozone89

ChestBeater
I finally took time, and went to Cigar Internationals super store yesterday..which is about an hour away from me.

The only thing I ever ordered from CI were Cigar fest tickets, cause I thought they didn't carry my favorite cigars (Diamond crown).

My main reason for going was..I wanted to see *IN PERSON*..the coffee table humidor(demo picture below). I really couldn't find any reviews on the internet, so it was time for a road trip. Like I always say, a Humidor is something a person should see for themselves in person..I made the mistake of buying a humidor online..and never again, unless I see it in person first.

All I have to say is..this Coffee table is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! The pictures on their website or on the internet for that matter..doesn't do any justice. This table is HUGE..and a very classy piece. I will definitely be buying this piece, when I buy my first home soon. Everyone who walked by it yesterday also made a comment about the table. Hands down the best looking Humidor CI was showing yesterday IMO.

Anyone who has ever thought about buying this piece...it's definitely first class in my book. The tag on it says..it can hold 400 loose cigars..I would agree. They showed this table holding some boxes...and while it looks nice..I'd rather show off my sticks loose, since it has glass.

While I was there, I bought the *The Breakaway 4-Man Ashtray*. I can't post a picture, cause CI doesn't allow copying and pasting...but it's a definite must get IMO...for those Ashtray collectors like myself. The ashtray is HUGE..and looked awesome on the coffee table humidor they had set up. I bought the Vegas Ashtray at Cigar fest this year..and the Vegas ashtray is BIG..but the breakaway ashtray is much much bigger. My girlfriend and I sat there smoking, and it was nice that we didn't have to share an ash tray. A few other guys came to the table to smoke, and since the Coffee table is so big...2 guys each took a corner ashtray and held it for themselves. They had to share one, cause there are only 4 corners to share on this ashtray. Go check out CI's website for a picture of the ashtray.

Finally..I asked why they didn't carry Diamond crown cigars..and the salesman said "we do!" He showed me where they were (limited selection) and I asked why they didn't advertise on their website...he said..." Because we want our customers who walk in the store, to be able to buy the hard to find cigars" Ok..makes sense to me.

I suggest anyone who lives in driving distance of CI's Super Store..to take a drive over..it's pretty neat..and a cigar lovers dream!! Me and my girlfriend stayed over an hour while I enjoyed a cigar and looked around for awhile.

HUM-CTH-M_06.jpg

It definitely is a very nice looking humi. I would probably get one for my living room if my living room didn't get so hot in the summer (no A/C).

BTW, you can generally get these on CBid in the $300 range. You might even be able to arrange to pick it up from the warehouse directly instead of having to pay the $185 for shipping.

I'm trying to find this 4-piece ashtray without the advertisement of CI on it. Anyone come across any that are void of advertisement?

That is a nice looking humi - however maybe I'm just picky but it doesnt look that sturdy - anyone here buy one of these and have it in their home?

Ozone89 said:
but it's a definite must get IMO...for those Ashtray collectors like myself.

I too have a Cigar Ashtray fetish. I LOVE Cigar Ashtrays that have logos -- I've begun to amass a nice collection :ss

Gorgeous Humi!!!!!!!

I too have thought about purchasing this humi, but how well does it function as a humi? I would be interested to know how well it maintained Rh/Temp.

I picked it up one of these tables for $490 shipped from CBid. If your worried about it not being sturdy, well, it's very sturdy. The only downside I have seen thus far is with so much unusable space you have to run an active humidification system to keep things right. I chose the Hydra and it keeps me right at 68% where I like it.

I'll take some pictures or answer any questions when I get home from vacation in two days.

Will

I picked it up one of these tables for $490 shipped from CBid. If your worried about it not being sturdy, well, it's very sturdy. The only downside I have seen thus far is with so much unusable space you have to run an active humidification system to keep things right. I chose the Hydra and it keeps me right at 68% where I like it.

I'll take some pictures or answer any questions when I get home from vacation in two days.

Will

can't wait to see your pics! :cb

Back