Cigar Label Portfolio

God

Lowland Gorilla
Thought it would be interesting to see all of the usual and unusual cigar labels that Club Stogie members have enjoyed. While everyone is familiar with the popular brands I'm sure there are several unusual or odd brands out there. I will start with a Gurkha label...
jifjw6.jpg

If you post please consider using a pic hosting site to hold the picture such as www.tinypic.com (which is used here) to hold space down on Club Stogie.

PDS, Radar - If this thread is a problem for this forum please delete it or move as you wish.

I was collecting them but got tired of having a huge box of labels sitting around so threw them out. However Justinphilly got me a book to store them in so it's time to collect them again! Thanks justin!

everyone should check this site out. they have an awesome book called the Cigar Dossier, which allows to to adhere bands, take notes, write down box codes, etc... this is a cool book and it is nicely priced....(or else i would not have bought one for Rob!!) :r

link here

i've just been pasting my bands in a regular notebook and then recording the date, name of the cigar and a little write up about it. something to have when i'm an old man so i can look back at all the great cigars of my youth, you know?

fisherking said:
Very nice forum, I'm reading nearly all posts from the beginning, btw this is my first post and sorry for my english

Welcome to Clubstogie fisherking, and don't worry about your english, it looks like you speak better than most of us! Especially those of us who post while drunk (*cough*SLIMDIESEL*cough*) :r When you get a chance, make a post in the New Gorilla Forum and tell us a little about yourself!

I've been keeping a mental log of most of my thoughts on the cigars I've had, and I've kept the cigar bands next to my humidor. Maybe it's time to move up to a better storage for the bands, and a place to keep a hard copy of my cigar thoughts.

illuminatus said:
Welcome to Clubstogie fisherking, and don't worry about your english, it looks like you speak better than most of us! Especially those of us who post while drunk (*cough*SLIMDIESEL*cough*) :r When you get a chance, make a post in the New Gorilla Forum and tell us a little about yourself!

Thank you for your kind words, I'm very enjoying to spend my time here while smoking, thank you for all. I've bought 2 humidors and cigars from USA to Turkiye by reading the posts here, this is a hidden treasure for me until now.

Fisherking... nice link... had not seen that on their site before

Another label of a cigar enjoyed...
jim52c.jpg

I've been gluing my used bands to my tool cart at work . One end panel is full so I'll try to take a photo of it and add it to this thread . :u

I put all the bands of the ones that I smoke in a photo album, but Im thinking I'll print out some of those pages from the CI page and make my own dossier of sorts.. I don't really have a rating system for the bands that are in my photo album, and I'd really like to have one.
Scott

I keep all of my bands in a small envelope, every once in a while I like to look at them and remember when and where I smoke it.

As of right now I got a desk drawer at work with bands, center console of truck has bands and a Thompson air tight as a wind tunnel humidor at the house full of bands. The link Fisherking will give me something to do with them. Welcome to the form as well.

Stacey

I have my labels on a shelf in my closet right now....I will probably keep them in my humidor when i get it tomorrow other wise find some place to store the collection.

Welcome to CS Fisherking, and the dossier is a pretty good idea.
I keep my reviews online, but the dossier will be a nice back up.

fisherking said:
Very nice forum, I'm reading nearly all posts from the beginning, btw this is my first post and sorry for my english

You can build your own Cigar label/comment Portfolio if you have a good printer. I found the link below, and printed some pages and made a dossier for my records.The good thing is you can add pages as many as you want.

The link :

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/cig101_5cac.asp

Back