Cigar pairings?

Ratters

Lowland Gorilla
Do you guys think out what cigars you are going to smoke together when you smoke more than one? For example I find that I normally really enjoy a Partagas Black Label, but they taste bad to me after I have a Camacho Corojo or other more full bodied cigar. This happens with quite a few cigars when I double up. Do you make a plan when smoking more than one?

I generally try to take along sticks of like kind.
Something subtle ain't gonna be worth a damn after a big nasty stick.

I don't have the money to by myself a huge variety of sticks, so I tend to smoke one of the same again if I light another. But when I have smoked different sticks that have been gifted (and thank y'all who have gifted) I try to keep the flavor profile similar or space out the time that I smoke the second one so that I'll be able to taste the new cigar.

I do not think about it. I usually just grab a few that stand out to me. What I like to do is eat between cigars. Usually a few crackers, cookie, or sandwich depending on the day. Helps move out the past cigar flavors and gets me ready for the next one.

If I know I am going to smoke several (i.e., at a herf), I try to smoke the best cigar first before my palate is shot, and end with pedestrian type cigars.

But if I am smoking 2 at home, no plan. Grab what I want. When I finish that, grab whatever I am in the mood for next.

I do not think about it. I usually just grab a few that stand out to me. What I like to do is eat between cigars. Usually a few crackers, cookie, or sandwich depending on the day. Helps move out the past cigar flavors and gets me ready for the next one.

:tpd::D

If I know I am going to smoke several (i.e., at a herf), I try to smoke the best cigar first before my palate is shot, and end with pedestrian type cigars.

But if I am smoking 2 at home, no plan. Grab what I want. When I finish that, grab whatever I am in the mood for next.

:tpd:

I used to try smoking my sticks in order of strength but often I would end up not enjoying a great stick if smoked to late in the lineup

Back