Cigar Prices in Cheesehead Land?

Studebaker

Evolving Lead Gorilla
A question for the Wisconsin brethren here. I'll be traveling to the Milwaukee, Port Washington, and Bay Beach areas of Wisconsin next month and I'm wondering about cigar prices in that part of the jungle. Does anybody know how the pricing and confiscatory taxes compare to the rest of the States in general, and North Carolina in particular?

I always bring back a lot of cheese from WI, just wondering whether stogies would be a good spend too.

I guess that makes our 70% look like peanuts. Not sure on how that relates as wholesale price rather than manufacturers price, must have to do with brokers, I suppose. In either case, it is always too much.

Edit: um, that looks like peanuts compared to our 70%???

Last edited:
Umm first things first, you gonna have time for a herf?

the tax is something like %25 of retail as far as I know. They are trying to pass a hike of about 40% so get 'em while they are hot. Don't shop downtown (they steal from businessmen down there on prices), and some of the smaller tobacco world's and smoker's clubs have a decent selection for a very reasonable price. The majority of them are run by Indian guys that keep a tidy shop, but be careful about the humidity if you are going to be smoking soon. I have seen some wet humis.

Lots of great Gorillas in Wisconsin and just south of the border, I'm sure a bunch of us will try to work with your schedule. :)

Back