Cigar Prints/Posters

OtterAKL4987

Blathering Elite Wannabe
Fellow BOTLs,
I am moving into a new apartment on Wednesday and need to decorate it. I figured why not cigar stuff. Any idea where to look for a selection of cigar prints or posters?

Fellow BOTLs,
I am moving into a new apartment on Wednesday and need to decorate it. I figured why not cigar stuff. Any idea where to look for a selection of cigar prints or posters?

You can find some great Soprano's posters which feature cigars.

I haven't seen one in years but Guiness had a poster of bird (stork) smoking a stogie.

There are poster sites online that offer search engines. Try going to one and searching on cigars. Bet you find some cool stuff.

Good luck

Robert:ss

How about this? If I didn't hate baseball so much, I would be all over that.:c
5c44_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/BABE-RUTH-SMOKE...ryZ14279QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I did like a few that I saw on allposters.com but I neglected to mention that I am a poor college kid. Anyway, the search continues. Thanks for the input thus far.

Talk to some of the photography major students. Maybe you could work out a deal and have them shoot a few for you, especially if you provided the subject matter. I have taken a few pictures of cigars, but havent messed with anything in a while. You might also check local thrift and flea markets. Old tin signs and such are becoming popular.

I know this doesn't help, but I was reading my old hometown paper (Decatur Herald & Review), about an auction that was being held in Mowequa, IL. Seems the new owner of a building was auctioning off all the stuff that had accumulated in the attic of that building. It had been a barber shop, funeral parlour, pool hall...but for many years it had also been a cigar store. (Stroh's Segar Store). There were cigar poster advertising from years past along with wood cigar molds. If I had been anywhere near, I would have loved to have checked that out.

Sorry for the hijack.

If you want original 20-40's cigar posters, they cost from $400 USD up. I have seen some stellar euro cigar posters, but only the repro's would be in the range you're looking for and are all over the internet.

Seems like the US or Cuba based advertising is more popular and sought after. Original photos of famous people smoking cigars is less expensive collecting avenue. For $100 USD, you can an original photo of someone famous for cigars like Castro, Marx brothers, etc...

Back