Cigar Question

Ozone89

ChestBeater
UPS, just dropped off my shipment of Ashton Aged Maduro #10. The question I have is..I just opened the box, and something didn't look right. The Cigar bands were not a bright white like they should be. Also, the cellophane wrapper has a yellowish goldish tint to it.

It seems to me, that this box has been hanging around for awhile. I bought them off a reputable company (Bonita), and was wondering if I have anything to worry about? My digital cam needs to be fix, so I have to wait till the weekend, if you guys need to see pictures.

I took the cigars out of the cellophane, cause they were cold and I wanted to lightly squeeze them. Everything seems normal with the cigar but..I just don't know.

Anyone have this happen to them before?

Yello Cello is usually a good thing and a sign of age. The faded bands could be the same.

You may want to call the vendor and ask him how old the box was and if it was stored closed or was it stored open and used for a display.

I think you should be fine. But for peace of mind call the vendor. I would.

UPS, just dropped off my shipment of Ashton Aged Maduro #10. The question I have is..I just opened the box, and something didn't look right. The Cigar bands were not a bright white like they should be. Also, the cellophane wrapper has a yellowish goldish tint to it.

It seems to me, that this box has been hanging around for awhile. I bought them off a reputable company (Bonita), and was wondering if I have anything to worry about? My digital cam needs to be fix, so I have to wait till the weekend, if you guys need to see pictures.

I took the cigars out of the cellophane, cause they were cold and I wanted to lightly squeeze them. Everything seems normal with the cigar but..I just don't know.

I hate when that happens.......:rolleyes:

...as Richard said, if they were stored properly, yellow cello is usually a good thing.

Yellow cellos etc? Richard dont you think he should send them over here for inspection down at Churchills?

Thanks guys..I will get ahold of them tomorrow to ask that question. At a $163.00..my heart kind of dropped, when I saw the discoloration.

Btw..it was a closed box. I had to take off cellophane and cut the green sticker, to get the box open. But I will ask how this box was stored.

I'll still take pictures this weekend for you guys to see.

Thanks guys..I will get ahold of them tomorrow to ask that question. At a $163.00..my heart kind of dropped, when I saw the discoloration.

Btw..it was a closed box. I had to take off cellophane and cut the green sticker, to get the box open. But I will ask how this box was stored.

I'll still take pictures this weekend for you guys to see.
If it was a closed box, I think you are in good shape. The other alternative was that they were opened and exposed to sunlight or other source of ultraviolet light. Excessive UV rays could give it an "appearance" of age, but would have caused an unnatural acceleration of aging.

Smokes should be fine.

Doc

it is a good thing. i have a feeling you are going to really enjoy those:ss

ALERT - ALERT - HAZARDOUS & DANGEROUS!!!!

Hey Ozone89, I hope I got to you in Time! DO NOT, under any circumstances attempt to smoke those cigars. I spoke with Lou Rothman and Carlos Jr., just yesterday and presented your recent find to them. They both mentioned that it sounds very much like a very serious virus that ocassionally develops in aged cigars. It is rare but very serious. If you'll send them to me, I make sure that Lou & Carlos both get some samples of them, for testing, before they are destroyed. PM me for my addy.

BTW, no need to thank me, it's an honor to help out a fellow Gorilla.

Johnny

Back