Cigar Recommendation....

Master of Disaster

Maturing Primate
I happen to love the way the Romeo y Julieta 1875 series tastes UNLIT.... just putting it in my mouth for a while before the fire... After I light one it's pretty boring... nothing special.... They have an Indonesian wrapper and DR filler... My favorite smokes are Nicaraguan... Padron, Joya de Nicaragua, Oliva... but I'm wondering if anyone here could point me in the direction of a stick with an Indonesian wrapper and Nicaraguan filler.... Am I right in assuming that the unlit taste is strictly the wrapper.... and that the boring RyJ smoke is the DR filler?

So just like everyone else here I'm constantly trying new smokes and figuring out what I like and what I don't... I'm hoping maybe someone could point me in the right direction for something new!

Thanks guys!

Master of Disaster said:
I happen to love the way the Romeo y Julieta 1875 series tastes UNLIT....

but I'm wondering if anyone here could point me in the direction of a stick with an Indonesian wrapper and Nicaraguan filler.... Am I right in assuming that the unlit taste is strictly the wrapper.... and that the boring RyJ smoke is the DR filler?

Thanks guys!

I agree with you on the 1875's. As far as the particular blends that you're seeking, I'm not sure that anything comes to mind right now as far as Indonesian wrappers go but I'l keep my eyes open.

Oh, BTW, I always thought that the unlit taste of the cigar was more due to the wrapper than the filler . . . but I'd like to get other's input on this.

MoTheMan

I think you guys are Right. The RyJ 1875 is really good unlit but just average when lit. I also believe the unlit flavor is the wrapper.

I would try Perdomo La Tradition cabinet series with the white label. They are much better than the RyJ. They call the wrapper Cuban Cafe, but I think it is just an Indonesian Wrapper. I would also give the Partagas Spanish Rosado a try very good cigar.

If you like a mild cigar go for either the Monte white or a DR Cohiba. Both have an Indoneasian or Sumatran Wrapper. Not necessarily all Nic. Fillers but a blend.

kamikaiguy said:
I would try Perdomo La Tradition cabinet series with the white label. They are much better than the RyJ. They call the wrapper Cuban Cafe, but I think it is just an Indonesian Wrapper. I would also give the Partagas Spanish Rosado a try very good cigar.

If you like a mild cigar go for either the Monte white or a DR Cohiba. Both have an Indoneasian or Sumatran Wrapper. Not necessarily all Nic. Fillers but a blend.

Mmm!

Nice selections!! :)

Saw this in my micro search. Marquez De Sevilla. I believe made by the Olivas for Rocky's Cigars. Indonesian wrapper, Nicaraguan fillers.

Good luck. :)

If you are looking for something new, I would recommend any of the La Tradicion cigars - the main series, the Sabor Cubana and the Las Memorias Cubana. These USA (yep, actually made in Miami!) made cigars are medium to full bodied and I love the taste. My favorite is probably the Sabor Cubana series, although I just ordered a box of La Tradicion Churchills. It is hard to beat a box of great tasting churchills for $75 with free shipping.

The Sabor Cubana Torpedo has double Domican and Nicaraguan fillers with a natural Maduro wrapper that is "NOT" treated. In other words, nothing black on the lips. Man, this is one tasty cigar!

So, if you are in the mood to try something different, I highly recommend this little US shop. Oh, and great service too! Here is the website - http://thecubanshop.zoovy.com/

Have fun! :)

Back