cigar shop robbed

bonggoy

token
A small local cigar shop (Frazer, PA) owned by a nice fellow was robbed this morning. I drive by his shop everyday on my to work. I was surprised to see a cop parked in front of his shop. Based on what little I saw, his glass door was smashed.

Hope he is fully insured and recovers from this.

Friggun Theaves. Justice system is too soft on these idiots. That is why they keep on doing it.

Hope the shop doesn't lose too much.

Damn that just sucks dude. Happen to our Local B&M few years ago. Turned out to be a bunch a kids. Only thing they were intereseted in was the lighters. Hopefully this guy is just as lucky. Wish him the best. Damn punks. :bx :sb

That just seems odd to me... why steal cigars? I mean, it's not like there is a "Cigar Pawn Shop" out there anywhere...

Unless of course they stole cash, a safe, or boxes of cigarrettes. I have never thought that criminals could easily turn cigars around for cash. Then again, there is a whole lot I don't know about fencing stolen goods (what with my whole working for a living theory and my "just say no" policy to crystal meth).

Still, sucks for his store, and I bet the owners insurance will cover it...

bonggoy said:
A small local cigar shop (Frazer, PA) owned by a nice fellow was robbed this morning.

I know the town just cant think of where it is. Down near route 30 & 100?
Wasnt J&M was it?

In any event that sucks. Its hard enough to find decent B&M's then somethign like that happens to one of them.

As I work in Law Enforcement I can tell you...Yes...kids steal cigarettes. Many "stop and Robs" like 7-11 keep their cigarettes behind the counter due to the ever increasing taxes on smokes. They got tired of kids putting a soda on the counter and grabbing smokes while their backs were turned.

I've worked several burglaries where all that was taken were cartons of smokes. The net haul was well over $3000 (when you figure a carton at $25 a few pillow cases would net an evening's worth of narcotics). Only the stupid ones grab lottery tickets (the numbers are quickly reported stolen so they become worthless) but then again, if the criminals were any smarter, my job would be a lot harder.

:sb People get robbed. Houses (and businesses) get BURGLARIZED:sb

Sorry. Pet peeve of mine. Robbery implies property taken by force and is a "people" crime. Burglary is a property crime.

I do hope they catch, try and :hnthe sum-bitches...I hate a burglar!

xxwaldoxx said:
I know the town just cant think of where it is. Down near route 30 & 100?
Wasnt J&M was it?

In any event that sucks. Its hard enough to find decent B&M's then somethign like that happens to one of them.

Yes, it's in Rt 30. It's not J&M.

Herf_Nerder said:
That just seems odd to me... why steal cigars? I mean, it's not like there is a "Cigar Pawn Shop" out there anywhere...

Unless of course they stole cash, a safe, or boxes of cigarrettes. I have never thought that criminals could easily turn cigars around for cash. Then again, there is a whole lot I don't know about fencing stolen goods (what with my whole working for a living theory and my "just say no" policy to crystal meth).

Still, sucks for his store, and I bet the owners insurance will cover it...

With EBay as big as it is people could make a small fortune stealing lighters and nice pipes and turning them around.

Its too bad for the owner and patrons.

PadronMe said:
Maybe they are cigar smokers.
Yes. Or knows one.
Perhaps they were after something of more value?

I see smash and grabs and deterrent type thievery here to. Mostly go for carton of cigarettes for a quick turnover, to support a habit as our fine LEO pointed out. You hit a cigar store, if he doesn't sell cigarettes, someone was cherry-picking, in my opinion of course.

somehow I think that would fall into the "cruel and unusual punishment," not that I disagree with you...

Back