Cigar Slump?

rottenzombie

Alpha Silverback
Ever had a period of time when you just couldn't get in to smoking a Cigar?
I realized recently that I had not smoked in nearly 2 weeks.I have been haveing problems with my sinuses recently but I don't think that's the only reason.Just havent been in the mood I guess.

Yeah, I'm like that. Sometimes I have an itch and soemtimes I really don't even think about it for a few weeks. That's why I've given up on yard gars and buy just premo stuff. I don't smoke very often, so might as well make it a nice one.

I find that I smoke in waves too (both my pipes and cigars). Right now, I'm smoking a lot (twice a day), but there are plenty of weeks when I may only have one smoke. I've never gotten concerned about it though. I know it's supposed to be a relaxing hobby, but oddly enough, I only smoke when I'm all ready relaxed. I should probably take more time when I'm stressed, but I guess it's hard to take the time when I have a lot going on.

Yes. I have gotten to the point when my faves just don't taste good. I switch it up or just lay off em' a while. :2

i'm with everyone else right now im in one of those "slumps" but i know as soon as i get an itch i'm gonna want something delicious. Thats why i went in on the double box split! I tried to smoke one tonight and it just wasn't doing it for me... ended up being an early night it was also pretty cold if thats a legit excuse?

Cold is an awesome excuse. Probably the best one. How are you supposed to enjoy anything when it's below 0? And now, thanks to the Fascist Liberals in Minnesota, I can't even duck into a bar for a nice smoke (which is how i used to deal with cold). I'm afraid that I am also in somewhat of a cigar slump. I expect things will turn around in a couple of months though, no cigars taste bad in spring.

I'm an outdoor smoker only, and my car is stick...so it's kinda hard to sit in a chair in the backyard when its bu-fu cold outside.

Having two kids now is really slowing down how often I light up. there were a few times where I would light up a RASS or another premie NC and never get to enjoy it because I would have to stop and take care of something. I will be looking into a pipe soon. I have smoked them years ago, but fell out for a few years.

I haven't smoked a cigar in about 2 weeks. This weekend that will change.:cb

You guys just need a good slump buster. Grab a Cremosa and you will feel all better. I'm sorry, I gave you a slump starter.

I find I smoke less in the winter - just not enjoyable in freezing weather. I also won't smoke with a cold - if I can's smell or taste it, what's the point.

Back when I was a free man (no wife, no kids :)) I would smoke inside with impunity. And I also smoked a pipe mainly with occasional cigars and seemed to get way fewer colds and sinus problems. I don't recall having to slow down in the winter then. :D

RP

Ever had a period of time when you just couldn't get in to smoking a Cigar?
I realized recently that I had not smoked in nearly 2 weeks.I have been haveing problems with my sinuses recently but I don't think that's the only reason.Just havent been in the mood I guess.

Yeah, 2003 to 2007. Having twins then a third a little over 2 years later put a severe damper on my time. I went from smoking a cigar every day to cigarettes just because I didn't have 45 minutes to an hour to spare. Still kept an eye on the cooler & humidor, but my sticks pretty much went into a deep sleep which they've only recently reawakened from. Now that the kids are older and my life is more stable I've been able to sit back and enjoy one at the end of the day.

I think a cigar slump is what I would be afraid of if I bought too many boxes and not enough samplers. If I find a good cigar, I might buy a box...but that box rarely meets my expectations I think because the blend is just the same. I try to mix it up as much as possible with new blends and different vitolas. :tu

I am pretty much on board with everyone. Hard to sit and relax and fire one up when its any temperature under 45 degrees...Right now its 17...no wind but way too much of a project to layer up and go out and sit in the cold for an hour to smoke. :hn

From these repsonses, it is not uncommon. In my own case, it is more due to my general mood. If I am behind or have a lot of deadline items to deal with and generally under an excess level of stress, I can find it difficult to enjoy a cigar even if I have the time. I don't want to spend an hour smoking a really nice stick while thinking of all the things I should be doing with that hour. That sucks, but it is the way it is with me.

Take heart, it will pass, and when you hit that next stick, make it a fine one. You will not regret it. It is a real pleasure to sit down to a great stick and a suitable beverage after you are satisfied in your mind that you have earned it, you feel like having one and that the next hour or so is your own treat and reward.

I think you lowland Gorillas need to come out to California and break outta that slump...:cb

YEAH!!!! WHO WANTS TO DO A GROUP BUY FOR PLANE TICKETS!?!?!? HURRAY!!!! does this mean your house is open for us for a weekend!? :r j/k no but seriously group buy? plane tickets? round trip yea? favorite airlines? north west? spirit? anyone anyone?

I was in a slump for a couple weeks a little after Christmas because the mood just didn't strike me. Stressed from my dad in the hospital from a stroke (recovering fine now after surgery thankfully). Just didn't feel right to sit back with that on my mind. Then my fiancée bought me a new humidor and a box of Padrons, so I kicked back with one. Got me right out of the slump and helped me relax a whole lot. Unfortunately, it also put me right back down that slope...

If it weren't for the weather I'd probably be dead from all the new cigars I've received since I got here.

Back