Cigar smoking age?

Mystophales

Heavy Metal Jesus
I was just really curious what age people were when they first really got into smoking cigars. I don't mean how old were you when you first smoked a cigar but rather when you decided this is a hobby you wanted to get serious about.

Seems odd to me that I never thought that much about smoking cigars until about three months ago (a little after my 38th birthday) when I started doing some research on the net to get more info on the hobby. (CS being my favorite place for their extensive wealth of information.) There was just something that really appealed to me about the whole act of smoking a cigar. The whole relaxation factor was a really huge draw for me and it seems when I think back to when I was 20-30 years of age there is no way I personally could have appreciated that relaxation. I am not independently wealthy or of retirement age but I really feel now as I should appreciate all the good things in my life and it seems that cigars really help me do that.

So was there a certain age or event that made you "get it" or am I just reading more into this than there really is?

I got into smoking cigars about 6 yrs ago, was a heavy cigarrete smoker and after years of nagging by relatives over smoking, decided to try something new, started dipping, and chewing tobacco smoked swishers regularly, about 4 1/2 years ago found out what real cigars are, and anything I do I usually overdue, I do love the stress relieving effects of smoking a cigar,

I've dabbled in premium cigars since I was about 19, but I really didn't get into them (buying a humidor and stocking up) until last year, so at 25. I use to smoke a lot of black and milds in college, but it was simply for the buzz factor. Much better buzz from inhaling black and milds than cigarettes, plus I thought they tasted better. Still, the transition into premium cigars has been great, the taste of a good cigar is unsurpassed by other tobacco products. The relaxation of it and the opportunity to sit back and reflect for an hour or two on anything and everything... it's just something I haven't found in any other hobby/lifestyle.

Cigars: In at 34, out at 38, back in at 41, still in at 45.
Pipes: In at 20, out at 21, back in at 44, still in at 45 but do far more stogies.

I'd say 18, I was interested in cigars before that, but never had the means of buying any. Both legally and financially.

I am 33 and have been smoking for about 6 years; however, I seriously got into it by enjoying and collecting the finest cigars just about 2 years now.:ss

I was 32 when I got into it as more than a casual cigar smoker.

That is when I bought my first humidor and then it was all down hill form there.

But before that I smoked cigars all the time since age 22.

I'm 22 now, and got into really this past december. But loved having some before then. Been smoking for maybe 2 1/2 years

Bought my first humidor 10 years ago at 35. Since then I have upgraded the humidor 3 times and they are always full. :tu

I started smoking when I was 18. Have rotated between cigars, pipes, hookah, and clove cigs depending on income.

I just bought a humidor and started buying mroe then a few at a time this past May at 23.

I didn't really get into cigars until I hit 31. Before that I dabbled a time or two, but not with anything I would classify as a cigar (Swisher, Phillies, etc.)

I got into cigars at 19. Smoked a couple cigarettes and quickly determined they weren't for me... cigars were intriguing, so I tried them out and haven't looked back!

hey... I'm with you, man. I was 44 before I really got into it. Maybe a little age helps me appreciate it. :ss

PLUS... I couldn't have AFFORDED it in my 20's. ;)

Back