Cigar/Wine Art

Im thinking about making one of those for myself so i can still smoke in the colder months!
Nice photo!

That's a sweet pic doc! (i have that same ashtray :))

How did he keep some colors and change some to black and white? That's pretty cool

Also, where did you get the Palio engraved or was that added as well?

Any other pics?

~Mark

That's a sweet pic doc! (i have that same ashtray :))

How did he keep some colors and change some to black and white? That's pretty cool

Also, where did you get the Palio engraved or was that added as well?

Any other pics?

~Mark

Hey Mark...the Palio was personalized by Palio. I asked my brother to do that with the colors and he did his photo magic and viola! He took 300 pics and narrowed it down to 66 proofs. As I get more I'll post them under this thread. The title on this one is "1200" (cost of the wine - 600, cost of the cigar - 600 = 1200)

Hey Mark...the Palio was personalized by Palio. I asked my brother to do that with the colors and he did his photo magic and viola! He took 300 pics and narrowed it down to 66 proofs. As I get more I'll post them under this thread. The title on this one is "1200" (cost of the wine - 600, cost of the cigar - 600 = 1200)

Man that is a nice photo... it will make a great picture for your cave. I think I have seen a cutter JUST like that somewhere in Resolute Bay!! :tu

Keep us posted on the progress sir.

Wait a minute. Are you saying that this single cigar cost 600 dollars? What cigar is that?

Nice photo by the way, send along more.

Till

Fantastic picture!!

Hell, I'd even buy that if it was blown up poster sized. Make a HELL of a cool Wallpaper if is was large enough! :tu:tu

There should be more pics available this weekend after I go visit my brother's house......I'm pretty sure he has a web site that he plans on putting these up on. The original digital pics are super high res. which means you can make regular wall posters out of the pics......more to follow

Paul - Could you get him to do a write up on how he created the black & white / color photo editing? That's pretty awesome!

Thanks,
~Mark

Paul - Could you get him to do a write up on how he created the black & white / color photo editing? That's pretty awesome!

Thanks,
~Mark

Mark, I think Paul had said that he thinks is brother isn't going to divulge how he did it, as this is his living.

I was able to do it in Photoshop (don't know of other applications that are able to do it). It only takes a few commands. If you have PS it can be done by,
1. Selecting the image you want to remain in color with the polygonal lasso.
2. Menu: Select Inverse
3. Menu: Image, Adjustments, Desaturate
I'm sure there are other ways to do this, but it works for me.

BTW, Paul that is one BEAUTIFUL image. Can't wait to see the rest!

Very cool pics. Makes me want to dig into my collection and take some similar pictures. Anyone want some wallpaper of a cremosa and a bottle of nighttrain. :)

I was able to do it in Photoshop (don't know of other applications that are able to do it). It only takes a few commands. If you have PS it can be done by,
1. Selecting the image you want to remain in color with the polygonal lasso.
2. Menu: Select Inverse
3. Menu: Image, Adjustments, Desaturate
I'm sure there are other ways to do this, but it works for me.

BTW, Paul that is one BEAUTIFUL image. Can't wait to see the rest!

Sweet. Can you do just the band with this technique?

Back