Cigars are green

Bigga Petey

Lowland Gorilla
I drive fast. Can't help it. Usually run 80+ on the e-way.
Unless... I light a cigar. I had about an hours drive ahead of me last night, picked a nice stogie from my humidor, and proceeded. Just happened to notice along the way, that I was in the right lane, cruise set at just below 70 and perfectly content to enjoy the drive and the smoke.

Which led me to this conclusion. If everybody would smoke a cigar while driving, we could as a nation save enormous amounts of fuel, and impede the apocolyptic advance of global warming. The Kyoto Agreement would be a pimple on a bulls butt comparativley speaking.

Another upside to this activity would be the general diminishing of road rage, and fewer traffic accidents. One would be less inclined to wreck if they are contented and cruising at a more moderate speed.

That said, it would be impossible to enjoy a good smoke while riding.
Might be able to smoke it, but not enjoy it.
All bets are off when two-wheeling it.

Another upside to this activity would be the general diminishing of road rage, and fewer traffic accidents. One would be less inclined to wreck if they are contented and cruising at a more moderate speed.

You think so? Try doing a burn correction at 65 steering with you knees and eys on the lighter and tell me THAT is safer :r I know from experience with a Punch Punch on the way home from my parents in Oshkosh. I was more worried about the cigar burning correctly than where I was going. Luckily I only had to do it once.

Maybe if it wasn't 13 degrees every day lately I would be able to agree! Seems like a plan for the summer though

orde.gif
Man Law : Smoking cigars while driving is good.

i used to have a problem w/road rage-i bought an old Astro van (the one w/captain's chairs that are like lazy boys), installed a 14" ashtray on the center console that i put in (the regular astray only works to hold change) & now the road rage hardly ever happens-amazing how the right environment helps-plus, if i do crash while tending a burn problem, i've got a better chance of surviving than most of the people on the road!

I couldn't agree with this thread anymore! I find when I smoke a cigar on my way home, the drive is much more relaxed than when I don't. Most times I don't smoke so usually it's You F'in this and You A-hole that!:fu :sb :r

I find myself more relaxed while smoking in my car, otherwise, I too burn down 94E leaving Minneapolis at 80+ unless I am smoking...I bought my first lighter so I could be more concerned with the road in front of me rather than battling the matches as I tried to drive.... the title of your thread made me think that perhaps you bought some premium St. Patrciks Day cigar that was dyed green though....

I had a great experience last night! I smoked a Ashton VSG Tres Mystique on the way home from school, the speed limit here is 55mph(I know, turtles walk fast right?) but everyone likes to drive 60mph and up.
I set my CC on 55mph and stayed in the middle lane, I'll usually become angry or annoyed at any one who tails me but in this case it was all good since I was floating on a cloud of VSG.

I find myself more relaxed while smoking in my car, otherwise, I too burn down 94E leaving Minneapolis at 80+ unless I am smoking...I bought my first lighter so I could be more concerned with the road in front of me rather than battling the matches as I tried to drive.... the title of your thread made me think that perhaps you bought some premium St. Patrciks Day cigar that was dyed green though....

On my way into Minneapolis this weekend (and out of St. Paul from the Wild game on Sunday) I will have a stogie in one hand and a lighter in the other...

and my knees on the steering wheel on the highway :ss

I have a part time technician job in the coal-bed methane industry. One reason I un-retired is so I could afford to smoke many more cigars. On long trips, I'll smoke 2 or 3 Partagas Black Clasicos or Magnificos. For traveling from where I'm staying to the well site, I'll choose the size cigar that corresponds to a 45 to 90 minute trip. I get up plenty early so I make sure I alway run out of cigar before arriving at the site. Sometimes, I slow down to 40-45 mph. My main goal: never quit the cigar until it quits me. My Tacoma gets 22-26 mpg on those slow drives and I get to smoke as much as I want. It's a fun job to boot!

WyoBob

Back