Cigars arrive with mold.

webjunkie

ChestBeater
So I'm still new at this ordering online thing, and I jumped on that Joe Cigar special from CI with the ashtray and five montecristo platinum toros.

They arrived today, but two of the cigars have mold on them. I already sent an e-mail to CI, but what should I do with these cigars. Should I let them be? Try to scrape the mold off?

So I'm still new at this ordering online thing, and I jumped on that Joe Cigar special from CI with the ashtray and five montecristo platinum toros.

They arrived today, but two of the cigars have mold on them. I already sent an e-mail to CI, but what should I do with these cigars. Should I let them be? Try to scrape the mold off?

They will take care of you and send a call tag. Return them for credit. chances are all of their stock in that vitola have mold. I speak from experience......

Pick some other cigars, or have them work with you on an equal selection;.\\

Edit, Mine was on the wrapper and in the foot.

Last edited:
If the mold is just on the wrapper, gently brush it off. The cigars should be fine.

If the mold has spread from the foot into the inside of the cigar, coordinate a return with CI.

I'll let them rest and tell y'all how they turn out. I'm really looking forward to them :ss. I am such a Montecristo (DR) whore :r

mine just arrived and one had mold on it as well. im going to take my chances and wipe it off- then let it rest for a week in quarantine.

I smoke it with the mold. It adds flavor. :tu

I'm kidding, I'm glad it brushed off. All will be good now. :tu

white mold isnt mold its blume or bloom depending on who you ask. from what i have been told its the cigars natural oils coming out of the wrapper and crystalizing. its a good thing that means that the cigar is being kept at opitmal conditions for it.

white mold isnt mold its blume or bloom depending on who you ask. from what i have been told its the cigars natural oils coming out of the wrapper and crystalizing. its a good thing that means that the cigar is being kept at opitmal conditions for it.

Mold can also be white. It's not the color that determines if it is mold, so yes mold can also be white.

I was about to ask if you were sure it was mold and not bloom.

I bought a box of Fuentes from my B&M a year ago and took off the cedar and thought it had mold, but found out it was bloom.

Each box since has been the same and I find them better than the same cigars from other stores.

i have always gone by the saying white or gray its ok green or brown throw it down. but thats just me.

The owner of my local B&M tried to convince me that his cigars did not have mold because it was white. Trust me it was mold and it was a damned shame too.

I have ordered a few times from CI's joe cigar site. I find that they ship their sticks very wet.(just got some RP Connecticuts today that look like they were rolled in the rain) ...mix that with high temps and it's a receipe for disaster.

If you have mold on/in the foot and smoke it, you can have some breathing problems if you are sensitive to the mold. I guess the only way to find out for sure is to smoke one. I'm sensitive and smoked a LGC maduro with a bit of mold on the foot and couldn't smoke for a week or so due to breathing difficulties.

Mold on a wrapper probably wouldn't be a problem but, since I know I have a bad reaction, I won't smoke any cigar, even with a small amount of mold on the wrapper.

WyoBob

Return them, why smoke moldy cigars if you do not have to.

Life is to short to smoke crappy cigars.

Return them, why smoke moldy cigars if you do not have to.

Life is to short to smoke crappy cigars.

Has anyone ever smoked a mouldy cigar? I ask because i and everyone i see writing about mouldy cigars dismisses them as a bad smoke yet i, for one, have never smoked a mouldy cigar. I only dismiss them as its always been the consensus that a mouldy cigar is a bad cigar.

I admit that mould probably does make a cigar bad but would be interested to hear if anyone has had first hand experience?!?

Back