Cigars compared to Cao mx2

Joe

Young Ape
What cigars would you all say compare to a cao mx2 ,blend, maduro, oily wrapper, dark maduro

Off of the top of my head I can't think on any particular cigars that wold compare. The MX2 has a Connecticut Broadleaf Wrapper and Brazilian Maduro Binder. If you look around you might be able to find something that is comparable on paper. From there you'll actually have to try them to see what is comparable in terms of your palate

Sorry I wasn't of more help, but I thought pointing out the leaves might help in your search.

Cigar Cyclopedia said:
Introduced in 2003, here is a unique blend focusing on two maduro leaves for the wrapper (Connecticut Broadleaf) and binder (Brazil)

Personally I've stopped trying to compare one cigar brand with another. I mean if I like the flavor of the CAO Mx2 then that is what I would buy and just not worry with comparisons.

It's kind of like trying to find a cigar that tastes like a Padron 000 series and spending way to much time and money on imitations when in fact I could have saved both time and money if I had simply bought a box of Padron's...

Just my :2

Personally I've stopped trying to compare one cigar brand with another. I mean if I like the flavor of the CAO Mx2 then that is what I would buy and just not worry with comparisons.

It's kind of like trying to find a cigar that tastes like a Padron 000 series and spending way to much time and money on imitations when in fact I could have saved both time and money if I had simply bought a box of Padron's...

Just my :2
I agree with you 100 percent but sometime i like to try others that are close i will never find exact

Just my :2[/QUOTE]

:tpd: words of Wisdom, I enjoyed a londres last night.

I think hes just trying to find more sticks like the MX2 so he ca have a broader smoking experience. I wouldn't worry that part of it, you'll find other intriuging things son enough.

Well, if you are looking for full-bodied and oily maduros/maduro-type - that's EAAAASY!

Camacho Corojo Maduro (Monarca is a great one!)
Los Blancos Primos Maduro (a great bundle stick at a killer price!)
CAO Brazilia
Toranos Virtuoso
Fuente Chateua Maduro roth
Sancho Panza Double Maduro

The filler in the Mx2 is a blend of several tobaccos, so I'm sure you'll be able to find lots of smokes that have similar qualities.

I've had and liked the Mx2, based on that I would suggest some of these:

Rocky Patel Edge Maduro
Padron x000 Maduro

If your looking for something a little cheaper, then I would suggest the Onyx Reserve. It's not exactly the same but I think you would enjoy it (a little one dimensional though...but good)

At $85 a box, who needs a comparable stick? Just buy the Mx2's! :D
:tpd: I just got a box of Mx2's on Friday. What really gets me about these is the aroma. I swear this is one cigar I would smoke through my nose if I could!

HdM Exalibur Maduros are kinda close (and I highly recommend them), Gurkha black puros are sorta close too...bottom line is the Mx2 is a good cigar, just buy more of them :ss.

This is one cigar that I have given WAY to many chances to make me happy...it bores the living crap out of me, knowing that I would compare it to a Macanudo...in my opinion...but then again in the world of cigar smoking, just like wine drinking, not everyone has to smoke/enjoy the same thing. As far as an answer to your question, I am going to agree with many here before who have mentioned the Sancho Panza Double Maduro and the CAO Brazilia. Then again, try anything with the Mata leaf wrapper and you will find similar flavor cues...like the CAO Sopranos line...

Back