Cigars in Ireland

icehog3

Admiral Douche Bag
Staff member
It looks like I will finally get a chance to see the land of my father's father this fall, and I was wondering if some of the Gorillas who have been to Ireland in the last year can tell me about smoking in the pubs there...is it still allowed? If so, does it seem to be ok with the locals? I am hoping I can puff away on me stogies whilst tipping me Guinness...what say ye?

Thanks for any insight. :)

It looks like I will finally get a chance to see the land of my father's father this fall, and I was wondering if some of the Gorillas who have been to Ireland in the last year can tell me about smoking in the pubs there...is it still allowed? If so, does it seem to be ok with the locals? I am hoping I can puff away on me stogies whilst tipping me Guinness...what say ye?

The short answer is no. Smoking is banned in all places where people are employed and that includes pubs, malls, etc.

Well smoking or not.... awesome that your heading over there Tom. I hope to get der sometime..... maybe study abroad.

Well, I didn't know you were an Irish man, too!!!!! I would love to finally go to Ireland... someday. Here's me family crest!

TMoneYNYY4605a8dbc0b5a.jpg

I almost went on a trip to ireland this may be everything got screwed up so i decided not to go. I have a list of reputable places to pick up sticks near dublin I think it is. Let me see if I can find it

went last year with a group of people to play golf, it was a wonderful time... I would recommend bring cigars, I didnt see allot of B&M however I wasnt looking either!!! have a great time

When I was over there (about... three years ago) I think they were considering the legislation banning smoking in public places, and I can tell you, every person I heard or talked to was pissed. So as for the general attitude, I think most people wouldn't mind; whether its legal or not, I dunno.

whilst tipping me Guinness...what say ye?
Oh you're in for a treat. Guinness on the homeland is much different then when it reaches our shores. More creamy with a milkshake quality. As I've been told by my Guinness drinking buds. Can't wait for my own trip over. Have a we' merry time.

well, i saw this thread, then i saw the coat of arms, so i thought i'd better post mine up!

i453117_mccabe.gif

Now i Reccomend you take cigars, 100%. You may not be allowed to smoke in pubs, but i can tell you a very high % of pubs have marquee's and special out door smoking places. One pub even bought a double decker bus and converted it so people can drink and smoke in it. So i imagine you'd be able to find a pub quite easily that will let you smoke outside!

And i can vouch for guinness being good ;)

Enjoy it, Irish people are some of the best in the world! Top laughs, especially when a few drinks have been consumed! Enjoy the tall tales and get some songs going!

And tell us how it went!

andy

Take a decent camera, boat load of memory cards and take a shit load of pictures!

My grandfather was right off the boat as a child and it's long been a dream of mine to visit - may never happen, but it's still a dream.

Way cool!

dillon.jpg

Ron

Last edited:
Ireland is a great place and a whole lot of fun. Last time I was there, I smoked my ass off in just about every pub and restaurant I went to. Sadly, their smoking ban is pretty comprehensive now, though. Also, cigars there are crazy expensive, so I'd bring my own. One place worth checking out, for the pipe smoker, is Peterson's of Dublin. Have a great trip, Tom.

Can't help with any insight Tom, but that is awesome that you're going! Ireland and Australia are the two places Teresa and I hope to one day visit. Enjoy it bro, and lots of pics!!

Lucky you Tom!! That's somewhere I've got to see one day!! See where my Father's parents came from!! (and U2;) and Guiness)

and because someone else started it....

cahill.gif

Oh you're in for a treat. Guinness on the homeland is much different then when it reaches our shores. More creamy with a milkshake quality. As I've been told by my Guinness drinking buds. Can't wait for my own trip over. Have a we' merry time.

Yep. The First time I had Guinness was on my trip over there, and it is definitely better in the homeland. And everyone I encountered there was extremely friendly, seemed everybody was a comic, too. I think Ireland is just about the only place I would ever consider living other than Texas (though, the smoking ban is a black mark, in my book).

Thanks for any insight. :)[/quote

like stated above...No Smoking...but on the whiskey side ya gotta try PADDY while you're there...only sold in Ireland...good chit straight up

Back