Cigars in Tubes

elderboy02

SilverBack
How do you guys store your cigars that come in tubes? I am new so I have been taking the lid off. I figure that some humidity needs to get in there, but I am not sure how to properly do it.

but it's so haaaaarrrrrrdddd Julian.......

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahha

OMG, that's funny. That quote will come back to haunt you, Vic.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahha

Now I just need to find a pic of Vic, a pic of Julian and launch Photoshop.

:r :r :r

Let me try giving you a helpful answer...

I asked the same question on tubes (glass or aluminun) a few months back.. The general consensous is to leave them in the tube. No need to take the caps off to control the RH. Along with that, if the beetles are got loose in a humi if external the ones it tubes are protected if internal it will save the rest. One thing I have noticed for me, I ride a motorcycle. The tubes make it easy to slip one in the vest or saddle bag and not worry about damaging it.

--------------

I'm still amazed at the useless posts asking people to use the search function. If you don't want to answer, don't. Why waste the man's time. New people come aboard with new experiences, knowledge, etc., no search will bring that info up. Other who may never thought to ask the question can also learn from the thread.... Most of these type answers on the forums I visit come from the older and jaded members... Try to remember back when you were new....

How do you guys store your cigars that come in tubes? I am new so I have been taking the lid off. I figure that some humidity needs to get in there, but I am not sure how to properly do it.

Dan,
If you can try to search...but again..if everyone searched then no one would post as many pseudo new topics. :D It's kind of like reading "Runner's World." They write the same articles in 80% of the magazine but people still read it to refresh their memory. Honestly though, shops keep the tubes sealed and when I crack open one they seem OK to me. I'm gonna assume the tubes aren't perfectly vacuum sealed so some humidity will seep in. Either way...lid on or off as long as you're keeping it in your humidor/coolerdor at the right numbers you're set.:tu

Bao

Thanks for the helpful posts :tu

For those not so helpful:

I found this in the "Ask the Silverback" thread:

Older Gorillas - Use search is not an answer. If you would like to help by answering a question... thank you. If you want to comment about the question having been asked before, that there was another thread etc., do it verbally facing a mirror and feel free to make constipated facial expressions, just leave this thread alone. Answering the question "and" providing a link to a good past dialog, if appropriate, might be a nice thing to do. Violations of this policy will get RG dinged by me and hopefully every one of my friends. (OK maybe 1 or 2 others)

OMG, that's funny. That quote will come back to haunt you, Vic.

Now I just need to find a pic of Vic, a pic of Julian and launch Photoshop.

:r :r :r
oh boy, :r

:r:r
:r:r:r:r:r:r

but it's so haaaaarrrrrrdddd Julian.......
Vic, is that how Peyton got hurt?:r:r:chk:chk:chk But on a more serious note, I would not consider asking a question before trying to find an answer in search, otherwise one risked some tough noobie love from Paulie Mac and some of the other FOG's.

Keep the tubed cigar in the tube and just put it in the humi. They're convenient to carry like others have said and the tube protects tubed and untubed cigars from beetle outbreaks if one were to ever happen. The tubes keep the humidity pretty well inside.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Mods, please close this thread. I got the answer I needed. I am tired of defending myself. Thanks.

Back