Cigars International Yellow Label

Major Captain Silly

Poker for the troops
Here's what CI has to say about them:

egends Pepin Garcia - Yellow Label: To keep it simple, Pepin Garcia is ‘blowing up.’ Famous for creating the heavily sought Tatuaje and Padilla Miami 8&11 brands, expect nothing short of spectacular from this intoxicating submission. Upon first glance, it’s easy to see Pepin’s Cuban heritage. The veiny, natural-colored wrappers and well-placed triple-caps. A spicy, earthy pre-light aroma. Handmade in his new Nicaraguan factory, this impressive blend utilizes Pepin’s prized, 1st Generation Habano seed tobaccos, all grown in the black soils of Nicaragua. The Corojo wrapper is top-notch, delivering a strong, spicy flavor even before the cigar is lit. Inside, a well-aged mixture of select Habano-seed long-fillers combine to deliver an assortment of satisfying flavors. Sit down before lighting, because this gem is a powerhouse. Expect a peppery burst of flavor upfront, which gradually mellows into chewy notes of wood and earth. This transition makes the cigar’s spicy character an afterthought, lingering long on the aftertaste urging you back for another puff. Naturally, construction is incredible. Enjoy the even, cool burn thanks to a beautiful, solid roll. Delicious.

This is a 54 RG and 5.7''

I smoked 2 of these this week. The first few puffs have an almost overpowering blast of the Pepin spice. They mellow out after that initial blast and become quite woodsy and medium-bodied. They are pretty one-dimensional but I like them. I can see these as a great back porch by the fire pit smoke.

MCS

MCS do you have a pic of this one or a link... I think I may have one but I want to be sure.

I hope I do, sounds like a nice smoke.

MCS do you have a pic of this one or a link... I think I may have one but I want to be sure.

I hope I do, sounds like a nice smoke.

Here you go!

sp-xga5754-e-12.jpg

MCS

Yes sir that's the one... Bear gave me one, I just did not know it was Pepin Garcia. Now I can't wait to smoke it, I will put this one in my late night fire pit pile... thanks you sir.

Anyone know who has these? IK usually get my Pepin's from New Havana but don't see them

Thanks

Thanks for the review! I smoked one of these a few weeks ago (and also wrote a review). Mine had an overpowering flavor of spice and pepper the whole way through and never mellowed. I have another that I'm letting mellow for a while.

Thanks for the review MCS. As with any cigar out there, one has to keep an open mind. This is basically a solid smoke, and if you enjoy the basic Pepin lineup, you'll enjoy (except for Darrell:D ) the Legends DPG Yellow Label...:cb

I smoke the CI Pepin Yellow and the Graycliff CI Purple ( not the Purple Chateau Gran Cru) back to back and I'd have to give the nod to the Graycliff. Seemed a bit more complex and interesting than the Pepin but I did enjoy that Pepin spice. I'm on a Brazilian kick lately so I might be biased but if we all went back to grade school I'd give the Yellow a B- and the Purple a B+.
I realize this is the not generally agreed upon rating method but it's the best I can come up with this morning. :hn:D

Thanks for the review Cap'n - I got a 5-er about a month ago and will be having one on my drove home later today

A took down 3 boxes of these a while back. It is a good filler stick for under $3. As far a the Pepin issue, it is like a strip club session. It gets me through the day, but it leaves me wanting more.

Back