Cigars Turning Green At The Head?

elderboy02

SilverBack
I am really confused. I smoked a Don Pepin Garcia Blue toro today. I cut it and everything was fine. I noticed that about halfway through the cigar, a small portion of the filler at the head turned green. I also noticed that the cigar tasted different?

What happened?

I had a Graycliff sampler come with a green cigar and almost freaked until I realized it was an Emerald Claro.

OK, this one no abuse for not using search. Possibly a chemical reaction with your saliva? It is possible that what they used for glue on this cigar reacted with the acid in your saliva. Other than that, no idea.

OK, this one no abuse for not using search. Possibly a chemical reaction with your saliva? It is possible that what they used for glue on this cigar reacted with the acid in your saliva. Other than that, no idea.

That is weird. I went back out to check on the nub and now the green is gone. :confused:

You weren't wearing green tinted shades were you? Otherwise I am stumped. Try another of the same cigar and see if it happens again.

It would be interesting to smoke the same cigar using a cigar holder to eliminate physical contact and see what is the result.

Back