Clear Havanas-Robt Burns Panatela

bobarian

Elder Jungle Leader
Well I finally broke down and smoked one of these tonight after letting them rest for about a month. No pic's sorry, need batteries for cam.:confused:
So I will make this a mini review.

Beautiful yellow cellophane, nice medium brown wrapper. Love the old school wrap with a little hole on the cap end so no cut needed.

Prelight draw just tasted of nice tobacco, but no mustiness or other indications this was a nearly 60yr old smoke! :dr

Draw was perfect, nice aromatic smoke and clean woodsy flavors. Col. Potter had a line in MASH, "There arent enough "O's" in smooth" to describe this smoke. I was kind of surprised at both the strength(medium) and the tar buildup at the tip. I had to purge a few times, but each time I did it returned to its previous smooth, creamy nature.:ss

Great smoke all the way down to the nub! :tu

Thanks to Dave(Hollywood) for allowing us to sample a few of his precious treasures! :chk

Have not smoked many clears.

But this one sounds good.....nice review of a classic.

Great review!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. They are really a cool cigar. So smooth, but with some kick when it needs it. Almost an old Partagas build-up.

COngrats, Bobarian, on scoring some of these. I'm wishing I'd stocked up on a LOT more of Dave's offerings when they came up. I've been totally blown away with the small sampling I managed to pull down. Truly historic smokes...

Back