Clubs with locker humidors

Rolando

alliroG
Has anyone done this? Is it a good experience? I have been thinking of joining one recently. It is $350 a year which is not bad at all. My biggest concern is that I won't use it enough to get value for my money. I was a member at a private club for years and years and hardly ever made use of it but then it was not convenient to my house.

Obviously one of the draws is to leave cigars there in the humidor locker. I am betting they keep it at 70/70 which I could probably deal with but if there is enough space I could pick up a 20ct humidor and a small tube of 60 percent beads.

Unless you're getting it to store a bottle of whiskey in to sip on while you're there I wouldn't recomend it. There's so many horror stories of beetle out breaks in lockers, or the b&m owners who think of peoples lockers as their own personal pickings. Run a search on here, plenty of stories that will give you night terrors

Unless you're getting it to store a bottle of whiskey in to sip on while you're there I wouldn't recomend it. There's so many horror stories of beetle out breaks in lockers, or the b&m owners who think of peoples lockers as their own personal pickings. Run a search on here, plenty of stories that will give you night terrors

I am not too concerned about damage or theft. I was thinking only of leaving 10-20 sticks there at a time and probably none of my really good ones. If I am going to make use of the facilities it will be worth the risk just to avoid the hassle of constantly transporting cigars.

I am a member of The Havana Room at the Chattanooga Billiard Club. Although I don't keep many sticks in my locker (I prefer to bring them with me) I do keep some in there for friends who tag along.

I don't look at it as paying for the locker as much as paying for the right to be in the private room with fellow smokers. And the drinks are better back there. ;)

Consider yourself lucky Rolando! I looked out here at the Grand Havana Room for kicks and this is what they offer:

Humidor ClassificationsBy direction of the Board of Governors, Membership in the Grand Havana Room, a CigarClub, is by invitation only. Only one individual shall be designated for each humidor,except Shared Humidor and Corporate Humidors. Humidors may be held either by anindividual or a corporation, firm or business. The Grand Havana Room Humidor classifications are as follows: Private Humidor (individual)A Private Humidor offers full Club privileges to the Member including sole use of ahumidor in the Humidor vault. The initiation fee for a Private Humidor is $7,500.Rental fees are $325 per month. Shared Humidor (2 persons)A Shared Humidor offers the same privileges as a Private Humidor; however, the humidor is shared with one additional Member. The initiation fee for a Shared Humidoris $5,000 per person with monthly rental fees of $275 per person. (If you wish theGHR will assist you in finding a Member with whom to share your humidor.) Corporate Humidors (4 persons)A Corporate Humidor offers the same privileges as a Private Humidor, except the corporation, firm or business desiring a Corporate Humidor is entitled to designate fourindividuals to share that Humidor. The initiation fee for a Corporate Humidor is $15,000with monthly rental fees of $1,000. Club ServiceA Club Service minimum of $300.00 will be automatically charged to the Members'credit card on a quarterly basis. Each member will then have a $300.00 creditavailable to use within that quarter. If you do not use the $300.00 minimum withinthat quarter, it will not be applied to the next quarter, and will not be refunded. Thecredit may be used for food, beverage, cigars and retail purchased in the club; however,private events do not apply. Each time you use the club service, you may sign your check as the method of payment and we will credit your account until you reach yourmonthly minimum. Once you exceed your minimum, you may continue to sign for yourchecks and we will use the credit card you provided us as payment, or you may optto chose another form of payment.

I am a member of The Havana Room at the Chattanooga Billiard Club. Although I don't keep many sticks in my locker (I prefer to bring them with me) I do keep some in there for friends who tag along.

I don't look at it as paying for the locker as much as paying for the right to be in the private room with fellow smokers. And the drinks are better back there. ;)

Well I meant the club experience in general plus the locker. CBC is what I am thinking of joining since the one on Jordan (I think) is only about 15 minutes from my house.

It completly depends on the club and how often you go. At my lounge I don't use a locker because I don't buy in bulk there because as a member I get bulk prices on singles anyway.

The club is very nice and the lockers actually are the edges of the main humidor. Just accessed from the next room. Well kept temp and RH.

So if I went there everyday instead of 1 or 2 times a week then yeah. If have a locker.

You have to judge your club's quality and your needs.

Well I meant the club experience in general plus the locker. CBC is what I am thinking of joining since the one on Jordan (I think) is only about 15 minutes from my house.

If you are that close it would probably be worth the investment. I'm all the way down in Dalton, GA (about 30 mins away) and I still find it to be worth my money.

Also, you get 20% off box purchases with your membership. For me that's almost worth the price alone.

I work part time in a cigar bar that has a membership option. I think the whole decision of joining is based on the atmosphere offered along with the clientele you'll be mingling with. I know the members where I work are in on a frequent basis, and get more from their interaction with the other members and customers making the membership fees completely worthwhile.

Back