Coffee, Cream, and Cocco Flavors

Freight Train

Dark Knight
I am very new to cigars but very excited about my new hobby. Could some fellow gorillas recommend a cigar that has hints of coffee, coco, chocolate, cream? It seems that every cigar i have tried has a heavy hint of spice. I would like to experiance all of the flavors that cigars have to offer. Thanks

CAO Brazilia Gol! - a bit of spice but should hit that flavor profile you're looking for.
Rocky Patel Vintage '90 & '92 - probably the '90 more so for that profile.

Try the ITC 10th anniversary. Right around the middle I get roasted coffee beans. Talked to a couple other guys who got the same thing so it's possible I'm not making this up. :ss

I think you will get that "vibe' from many Maduro wrapped cigars. Padron, La Gloria Cubana, Oliva O...for a start. :tu

Steve

I find that '01 SCdH El Principes that are "on" taste like a cup of coffee with cream.

El Mejor Espresso.

Or every cigar in the Cigars International catalog. They are almost all described as "creamy with hints of chocolate." :tu

(just to be clear, I was serious with my first recommendation and kidding with the second)

Diablo Picantes, Tatuaje miami VI Vitorias give nice notes of coffee bean.

Here is a crazy tip from somethng I tried.
I wasn't sure if what I was tasting was coffee, cocoa, etc.
So, I got a can of Hershey's Cocoa (Not the sweetened kind), and some coffe beans. I tasted both. First, with the coffee bean, I just kinda treated like a piece of hard candy. Then, I shaved a little of the skin off, and repeated. With the cocoa, a little goes a long way. Just wet your finger, touch the cocoa, and tatse. It helped me have more confidence in my palate. I haven't been able to bring my self to chew on old leather left around a barnyard yet. :D

Diablo Picantes, Tatuaje miami VI Vitorias give nice notes of coffee bean.

Here is a crazy tip from somethng I tried.
I wasn't sure if what I was tasting was coffee, cocoa, etc.
So, I got a can of Hershey's Cocoa (Not the sweetened kind), and some coffe beans. I tasted both. First, with the coffee bean, I just kinda treated like a piece of hard candy. Then, I shaved a little of the skin off, and repeated. With the cocoa, a little goes a long way. Just wet your finger, touch the cocoa, and tatse. It helped me have more confidence in my palate. I haven't been able to bring my self to chew on old leather left around a barnyard yet. :D

Chew on the strings on your ball glove. :)
They taste just like jerky. I learned to like ball glove strings from playing in the outfield when I was in the 8-10 year old league. Not a lot of action out there and there's only so many dandelions to kick.

I get these flavors from Illusione cg4's. My palate is still in its infancy however. I also like Padron 3000 Maduros for a cocco, coffee smoke.

:ss

Chew on the strings on your ball glove. :)
They taste just like jerky. I learned to like ball glove strings from playing in the outfield when I was in the 8-10 year old league. Not a lot of action out there and there's only so many dandelions to kick.

:r

I also played out field as a kid, and I know exatcly the flavor your describing.

I never picked dandelions though, thats weird, I liked to look for four leaf clovers. :tu

Any Padron maduro should fit the bill nicely (but the PAM26 has a healthy dose of spice too). The DPG JJ maduro is awesome but also adds a little spice into the mix.

Back